Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Software Update Installation CRASHED

I have a blackberry bold touch 9900, and last night an icon popped up saying I had to install an update. So it took ages and then said to finish the install i had to fully install it and this would take up to 2 hours and I wouldnt be able to use my phone. So i clicked ok and went to sleep, woke up in the middle of the nght to notice the installation had CRASHED! so i took my battery out in hope that it would cancel but still nothing. It would get as far as 17% then stop when it was backing up my 'social feeds'. So now i can not use my phone in any way shape or form. Can someone please help me and tell me what I should do?! and will my device be wiped?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Software Update Installation CRASHED

I'm going through the exact same problem right now. Its at 4% and on the social feeds update. What did you wind up doing?
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Software Update Installation CRASHED

Plug your phone into your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  As soon as your phone is recognized by the software, you'll be offered an update if the one you currently have is not running properly.  The key is to get your phone to be recognized by the software.  If it's not, follow the instructions in this article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.