Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
abbeyfrancesca
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Software os7.1 update urgent

Hi,

Last night I started to download the new blackberry software wirelessly to my bold 9900 and it said it could take over two hours. I have left it over night and it is still backing up my date and been stuck on 15% since 7pm last night. I can not use my phone at all as all signal has turned off. Please help urgently as at the moment i have no phone!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Software os7.1 update urgent

abbeyfrancesca wrote:

Hi,

Last night I started to download the new blackberry software wirelessly to my bold 9900 and it said it could take over two hours. I have left it over night and it is still backing up my date and been stuck on 15% since 7pm last night. I can not use my phone at all as all signal has turned off. Please help urgently as at the moment i have no phone!!

Hi abbeyfrancesca,

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abbeyfrancesca
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

i would try this but my phone is stuck on this white screen with 15% on it. I cant use my phone.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

If your phone is permanently stuck at 15% loading, then it's effectively a brick. Either you either leave it like that or you try something else. If you leave it like that, you are guaranteed that your phone will remain a brick. If you try something else, there is every reason to believe you can get it working again.

My suggestion is that you follow the advice in the previous post and download and install DM and the most recent OS for your phone from your carrier. Follow the instructions and let us know what happenes.

If you don't want to do that, your only alternative is to try taking the phone in for service.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.