Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
kac52b
My Device: Not Specified

Software won't update

This may be operator error :smileyhappy: but I'm new to this. My blackberry pearl 8100 was operating on a VERY outdated version (like version 4.2.0.73 or something of that nature). I downloaded the desktop software version 4.6, plugged in my blackberry and went to the blackberry website and hit the update button. It went through the entire download, then at the very end told me the digital signature wasn't valid and stopped the download. It has done this 3 times!!! What am I doing wrong? Help!!!!
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Software won't update

Download the desktop manager program isn't going to do anything.

You need to download the actual device software from ur carriers website.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
kac52b

I downloaded the desktop manager THEN tried to download the software update from my carriers website. When I plug my phone into the computer and start the desktop manager, it says my phone doesn't need any updates. I try to just plug in the phone, click on the software update for at&t and download it, but it gets all the way to the end and says the signature is bad.

I tried to follow all of the instructions from previous posts with deleting the vendor file but nothing seems to be working.

Forums Advisor III
bumblepie

Make sure you  have the latest Software for your device and carrier installed onto the computer.

This is the device Software, not the desktop manager.

Once done that, go to C Drive: Program Files: Common Files: Research in Motion: App Loader and double click on loader.exe.

Once the welcome screen comes up, plug in the device the battery and hit next. When you see the PIN number appear after maybe a few minutes press next.

Once it gets to the device application part, Select only things you need, untick all other languages etc.

On the last page before you hit finish, you will see a 'ANDVANCED' option, click this and make sure both the check boxes are fixed.

This will fix ur issue.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
kac52b

ok i tried all of that and when i get to the "Device Application Selection" screen, it tells me 'The Blackberry Desktop Software does not Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrative'. It still says I have version 4.2 on the phone. I have spent an hour on the phone with AT&T and all they keep telling me is to download the updates on the Blackberry website and my phone will work.

Could this be because the download wouldn't finish on the computer (not the phone)? Everytime I try to download the package, it gets 99.9% downloaded, then tells me the signature is bad and that it aborted the process.

Forums Advisor III
bumblepie

Yes, it needs to download 100%
OR
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
Ali_242
My Device: Curve 8320

Hi, I also have a blackberry, its a curve 8320 and I connected it to my pc and downloaded the blackberry desktop manager and it came up with updates for the phone! I set it to update the phone and left and came back to find out that my phone is wiped clean, no o/s nothing and when I try to install it again it always stops and starts over, and the phone itself turns off and turns back on! It's becoming a real problem because I have no other phone! Now the blackberry is unlocked because I live in the Bahamas! Is that a problem!

CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE!

New Contributor
Ali_242
My Device: Curve 8320

Should I Send it back to the Blackberry factory?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

You should follow this procedure and reload your OS.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
sparrowwizzee
My Device: 8310

I just got this blackberry tour it won't upgrade o when I want to upgrade it it says unable to send request for upgrade and when I tried to use my blackberry application. My edge becomes small amd ask me to download I'd update and won'†̥ donwload why what do I do