Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
salvaveritate
My Device: STORM2
My Carrier: Vodafone

Storm 2 9520 Issues- Touch screen freezing

I am having issues with my storm2.The screen keeps freezing, preventing me from accessing other applications.How do I resolve this problem.

I need help !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ScottScheffer
My Device: Blackberry strom 2 9520

Re: Storm 2 9520 Issues- Touch screen freezing

I have the same problem.....i have had my phone for 3 months now and from day 1 its been like this.  Seen many a same queation but no one has a good reason for this happening.  Please someone help!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
FA1SGL
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Without more details it would be well nigh impossible to assist you.  What OS and platform are you using, what carrier are you with, what applications (generally it would be the third party and add-on that would be problematic) are you running.

There are simply too many variables to try a shotgun approach.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ScottScheffer
My Device: Blackberry strom 2 9520

ok i have a blackberry storm 2 with vodafone (in the netherlands) Since having the phone the screen has been freezing. In other words every now and then (atleast once a day) i try to click on a app in the middle of the screen and it reacts as if i am pressing the ESC button....sending me back to the desktop.  If after calling i want to end a call i press the red button and it again sends me back to the desktop but the conversation carrys on going (really annoying if you get voice mail...can cost a bomb shell) After a while or after pressing many buttons in the middle it starts to act normally again.  So this is the problem...i have tried a battery pull, i have tried leaving the battery out for 3/5 days i have even had the phone and battery in a bag of rice to dry it out (as i heard it might have been damp)  all with failiure.  Please help!!!

Model: Blackberry storm 2 9520

Version: v5.0.0.436 (platform 4.2.0.189)

I hope this is enough info.  and hope to recieve an answer/ or some help soon.

Thanks very much.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
norazli
My Device: Storm 2 9520
My Carrier: MAXIS

Hi there

I also face the same problem - im from Malaysia.

This thing happen after a phone call. My problem is exactly like this:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=47939

Anyone else have the same scenario?

Rgds

Please use plain text.
Visitor
conorholland
My Device: blackberrystorm 9520
My Carrier: vodafone

:smileymad: my blackberry storm2 keeps freezing. i cant answer it or hang up and when i make call and chat and go to hang up connection is still giong costing me loads on my bill cuz its frozen and cant open apps after it. costing me to take battery out and putting back in waiting ages for it to load up again. joke. not happy. sort it out. i left my second storm2 back today. roll on number storm2 no.3. and be back to were i started again .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leenancarrow
My Device: Not Specified

Same issue I have it occur far more than once a day. I have had two Storm 9520's due to my wife putting one through the washing machine. I have had the same problem on both

Please use plain text.
pankajb00402
My Device: BlackBerry storm 2 9520
My Carrier: Vodaohone

I have being facing the same freezing issue with Storm 2 9520. Any solutions please?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
maya77
My Device: 9520

I have exactly the same problem as ScottScheffer and other people above.

And I think it is software problem as it sometimes works perfectly fine.

If it is hardware it will suck all the time.

There must be some way to update your OS to better control these piezos below display which I'm starting to hate. This is very frustrating, believe me. It makes phone unusable sometimes.

Better yet - give as ability to disable SurePress and use Storm 2 screen as standard toucshscreen, without any clicks. If we are abandoned by new OS you are about to release, at least give as ability to use our phones without everyday frustrations. Hey, this is just 1 year old device!

Please use plain text.
garrettdbjs
My Device: Storm2 - 9550
My Carrier: Inland Cellular

I am having the same freezing issues and have only had my phone for 1 month! I have not been able to disconnect when I make a phone call. I am also getting feedback when talking on it. I was told by my carrier that BlackBerry has an upgrade to solve this but I have yet to find it! These issues are not acceptable for such an expensive price.. I could have stayed with my Razor that I had for over 2 years with no issues! Please get these issues resolved ASAP! I have not been impressed with the technical support I have seen on this site either!
Please use plain text.