Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
BBWoes
My Device: Not Specified

Storm - cannot unlock screen without pulling battery

Have a Storm 9500 running v5.0.0.451.

The problem that I have at first seem to relate to the alarm clock being set.

If the phone automatically locks itself through inactivity, after some time you cannot unlock it because although you can press the on-screen option to unlock the next screen displaying the keypad would not work. Its not a problem with the screen itself as the screen works fine all the time until it locks itself for a long time and then for some reason it displays the keypad but you cannot enter the code. If you swap the screen to landscape and get the single digits, you can enter your code, but if for instance you try to press enter, it will actually press the S key - even though you had just been able to enter the previous 4 digits without a problem. Then you pull the battery and it all works again as normal. But now I have to reset my phone every day. Its almost like the screen goes out of alignment but what I dont understand is why the you can press unlock on the screen no problem, but then you cannot enter the code. Difficult thing to explain so I hope this makes sense!! Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Storm - cannot unlock screen without pulling battery

You might consider upgrading the OS the latest officially released version and see if that corrects your problem.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/232429-latest-os-9500-5-0-0-141...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.