Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Synching Address Book

New BB:  My very first synch merged old phone records with my Outlook contacts on the the computer. I cleaned up the data on the computer and tpeformed a second synch (one-way back to phone-as the salespeson told me).  This failed because now the clean files are mixed in with the old ones on the BB.  What to do?  Is there a way to dump the entire address book on the BB and then do a one-way synch from computer to BB?  Obviously, I am a very confused girl! 

Contributor
My Device: BB_Pearl_8130_Verizon

Re: Synching Address Book

Try going to BB Desktop Manager on your PC.  Toggle Synchronize, go to the second tab Configure, the second option down should be Configure Synch., highlight Address Book then hit Setup.  Choose your application then hit Next, here you can choose to do a one-way sync and also replace all data in target application. Continue through setup.  Hopefully this will work for you. 

BB Pearl 8130     

New Contributor

thank you for the kind reply.  I did get almost all the way there, I just hadn't seen the final option you describe.  thanks for the time-saving advice.
New Contributor

You can purge the entire address book on the device by launching Backup/restore from Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Go to Advanced.  Look on the right-hand pane and you will see all of the individual device databases.  Locate the address book database and click Clear.  Click OK, Close.  Note: if the address book database is dimmed out, you'll need to first disable wireless synchronization from the device Contacts--Options.  Perform a 2-way address book synch between Outlook and on the device and you should be all set.