If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
SFriedman
My Device: Not Specified

The Earthlink Webmail page will not load completely on m...

The Earthlink Webmail page will not load completely on my new Blackberry 8320. I had cleared the cache and everything else as instructed, checked the Forum, where one person had a similar problem but did not get a response, and contacted Earthlink, who of course claimed ignorance of the problem. Other Earthlink pages load fine, but this one is essentially blank except for the menu at the top and a Google search window. What's going on?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: The Earthlink Webmail page will not load completely on m...

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Websites can be coded to perform better with some browsers rather than others. The BB Browser can appear to websites as several different things...that setting is, from within the Browser App, (BBKey > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification). Changing that to another browser might help your BB interact better with some websites. In combination with all of the other configuration settings, you need to find the combination of all of these settings that works best for the sites you are visiting. Sadly, there is no "best advice" to give as each persons needs are different. But, I typically find that changing the Browser Identification often helps -- most often by changing to FF or IE (if those are available to you...the options vary by carrier).

You also should be able to configure BIS to handle that email and not need to use their web interface...

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.