Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Kk1985
My Device: Bold 9900

Track Pad not working on some screen with new update

[ Edited ]

I just updated the software today on my 9900 and now on some screen the track pad won't let me scroll up and down. The screens it is causing issues on are:

- home screen will only let me scroll to the title (All, Favorites, etc). It is like I cant go from the title to the app icons

- in bbm wont let me scroll from my top contact to where my chats are

- it also wont let me do any punctuation....when i push the alt key it shows up that it has been selected but when i try to make an exclammation mark nothing happens

- when typing it lags really bad and doesn't catch all the letters im inputting

The right and left scrolling work fine but is like there is some imaginary fence in certain spots. Anyone else having issues with this or know of a fix?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Track Pad not working on some screen with new update

I'm going to bet a battery pull would correct most of the issues you're facing.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

If that doesn't do the trick, we have other options we can examine but start with that and let us know if that helps.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.