Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
Argie916
My Device: T-Mo 8120 Pearl
Accepted Solution

Trailing alpha in phone numbers prevents calls

I have several entries in my Contacts list where I have a Phone, Phone1 and Phone2.  To make them easy to identify which was what, I follow each phone number with a space and a name, ie: "111-222-3333 John".

This worked well in Windows Mobile, but the BB 8120 (and probably all BB models) does not limit the call to just the numbers, but instead uses the entire field.

Is there some character I can place following the numbers that would trim the rest of the field and make the proper call?

Thanks for the help.

George from Bedford, TX
8120 on T-Mobile with BB Unlimited Email+Internet but
without the BlackBerry Enterprise service
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Trailing alpha in phone numbers prevents calls

Argie916 wrote:

I have several entries in my Contacts list where I have a Phone, Phone1 and Phone2.  To make them easy to identify which was what, I follow each phone number with a space and a name, ie: "111-222-3333 John".

Hello,
see the help :
Home Screen >> Phone >> Phone basics >> Make a call >> Related tasks >> Add a pause or a wait to a phone number

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Argie916
My Device: T-Mo 8120 Pearl

Re: Trailing alpha in phone numbers prevents calls

[ Edited ]

Xandrex wrote:

See the help : Home Screen >> Phone >> Phone basics >> Make a call >> Related tasks >> Add a pause or a wait to a phone number

Thank you, Xandrex.  Perhaps my device has a different menu... I couldn't find the Related Tasks section.

However, I found the answer through a little experimentation.  Instead of 111-222-3333 John I eventually entered 111-222-3333# John, and that did the trick.

Message Edited by Argie916 on 08-15-2008 05:16 PM
George from Bedford, TX
8120 on T-Mobile with BB Unlimited Email+Internet but
without the BlackBerry Enterprise service
Please use plain text.