Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Curve 9380

Trouble with software update 7.1

So I had a message a couple of days to say that I should do a software update for Blackberry 7.1 (Ive got a Curve 9380). I finally got around to doing it last night, left it overnight and then when I woke up late this morning it kept going to the reboot screen, once the bar at the bottom has reached 2/3 complete it then displays a message: "abnormal reset detected during upgrade. Press any key to return to pre-upgrade configuration" then Ill press a key and it will return to the reboot screen get to 2/3 of the way through and the message reappears. What should I do to make it work? 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Trouble with software update 7.1

You might have to reload your OS again.  Do it by plugging your phone in to your PC and opening BlackBerry Desktop Software.

I suspect your phone will have trouble connecting to BDS to complete the reload so have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.