Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
seandainya
My Device: blackberry 9700

[URGENT]kindly please help me...

[ Edited ]

Dear Rim support

Please check my blackberry registry.
My vendor id : 603
My pin. : (personal info removed)
My imei. : (personal info removed)
Type. : Bold 9700

I have a problem with my new blackberry, sometimes i recieved messages / email that actually belong to another person that i don't know who, and when i try to read the messages it belong (personal info removed), i dont have email hotmail, and i dont know who is sharon..

Would u like to help me to fix this problem, to make the mails / messages stop send to my blackberry? It so annoying me. Pleasee

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: [URGENT]kindly please help me...

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can look "behind the scenes" to answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, and this site is not a vehicle for communicating with RIM. Rather, all formal support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

That said, it sounds like you have purchased a used BB, and the seller did not complete all that they must...see this for reference:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

If the seller did not properly complete all of their steps (and, from your report, this seems to be the case), then you may never be able to properly use this BB for all functions.

I recommend you contact the seller and insist that they carry out their required steps. If you cannot reach the seller, you may well never be able to use this BB as some of the steps must be conducted by the mobile service provider that has a BIS account registered for that BB...they must release the BB from their BIS, and typically they will only do that upon instruction from the actual account holder (which is not you).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
seandainya

Thank you for the information,

Because i have a feeling there is something wrong with the blackberry already, i had wipe the blackberry but its not the right solution,

Actually if we do change device, is the problem will be same?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yes, of course it will...as I said, IF the seller did not complete their necessary carrier-level actions, THEN you may never be able to use this BB properly. Given your more recent information, my recommendation remains as before.

Further, you do not say which Celcom you are with (there are several in the world), but not all of them natively support the 9700...if yours does not, then you will have even more challenges ahead of you...

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
seandainya

This blackberry still have a warranty. I tried to get the seller,

And if they give the other device, so it means if i use the other device that because of the warranty, and i do change device, so the problem still happen?

Actually i use celcom malaysia.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No...the problem I suspect is that the BIS system retains the account for that BB PIN (the one you have now)...that's why you are receiving emails from the prior owner, because the email account and BIS remain configured for that BB. The replacement BB will have a different PIN, and may or may not have the same problem -- I've no way to know if a BIS account exists for anything at all. Indeed, all that I suspect regarding your present BB can only be considered that -- suspicion...I can know nothing 100% for sure.

As for compatibility with the carrier data network...Celcom Malaysia does support the 9700, so that issue should not exist.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
seandainya

Can i make a conclusion?

1st - this pin is not cloning
2nd - the previous owner is didnt release the pin
3rd - the seller trick me (because they said that this new)
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Are you asking me to choose from those? Or are those your suspicions?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
seandainya

Sorry, i mean that is my suspicions :smileyhappy:

I get it now... Actually i work in one of providers in indonesia.

After i read your last mail, i get it.. The problem is the previous owner didn't release his / her pin.. So the BIS still recognize his / her data..

Am i right? By the may i ask for once again? Is this pin / imei cloning or not? Just for make sure :smileyhappy: thank you for ur explanation :smileyhappy:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

seandainya wrote:

After i read your last mail, i get it.. The problem is the previous owner didn't release his / her pin.. So the BIS still recognize his / her data..

This too is my suspision...but, it is more complicated than your words. The previous owner themself can do very little...they cannot physically remove the BB PIN from the carrier BIS system. Rather, the previous owner can request that the carrier remove the BB PIN from their BIS system...but an agent at the carrier actually must do the action to make it happen. Typically, the carrier will only accept the request from the actual account holder (proven by whatever security measures the carrier has)...and there are plenty of cases where 2nd hand BBs are resold by dishonest sellers who have no way to actually make the request of the carrier to release the PIN...and the last buyer of the BB is typically stuck with a useless device (since these dishonest sellers vanish rather fast).

seandainya wrote:
Is this pin / imei cloning or not?

I have no way to know. Likely not...the BIS account seems to be functioning, so the BB is likely an original and not cloned. But, it could be stolen or lost property...though typically the BIS account would not be functioning if such was the case.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates