Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
JWheeler
My Device: Not Specified

USB disconnected during tsfr.........

While updated the software for my 8110 Pearl, the USB cable came disconnected from the computer.  Now my phone won't work at all, I just get a red flashing light. 

Tech support at AT&T said there's nothing that can be done, that I have to buy a new phone!  I can't believe there isn't at least a way to reset it to factory defaults.

Anyone know what I can do?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: USB disconnected during tsfr.........

whe you disconnected the USB cable, you lostthe OS that is on your device AND the OS being uploaded was not uploaded entirely.
basically you have a device with nothing on it to boot.

there is a special procedure that allows you to upload an OS on your device, check the forum using the top left search bar. Once you've read the posts about it, you'll be cool.

you do not need to buy a new device. the person you had at the tech support was just a BOFH.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
JWheeler

I tried using the search box before posting here but couldn't find anything.  I can find info on upgrading but not how to load onto a phone that the system won't even recognize is connected.  Do you have a direct link the the thread/post because I can't seem to locate it?

Thank you so much for your help.  I really don't want to have to buy a new phone.

New Contributor
JWheeler

I tried this procedure:  http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

When I got to the "Wait for Device Initializaion" portion in the Application Loader I get the following error message:

"Unable to reconnect to the device during mulistage load operation"

New Contributor
b136624

I'm having the same issue. I've tried JL_Cmdr and it can't connect. Tried every USB port, turned off my AVG, turned off the power saving on all USB ports, turned off my firewall. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. I've read a few threads and this seems to be common, but I haven't found anything that is a solution yet.