Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Teesang
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Unable to Delete Blackberry Messenger Contact

Hi All,

I need some help with an issue in the Blackberry Messenger.  My wife got a new Blackberry Pearl to replace a damaged one.  She added me to BB Messenger with her new PIN, however, now I have duplicate entries in my BB Messenger contact list.  The weird part - I am unable to delete her old contact.  I can delete any contact but her old one.  It seems `stuck`.

If it helps, in my contact list, her BB icon shows it looks like it is in a voice call.  

Please help.

Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Unable to Delete Blackberry Messenger Contact

Try Pulling the Battery out without turning the phone OFF.

Make sure its not connected to anything (cable, charger), Make sure its turned ON, then pull battery out.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
Teesang

Holy crap, that totally worked.  Thank bumblepie, greatly appreciated.  :smileyhappy:
Jman01

Unable to Delete Blackberry Messenger Contact- new

I only have 1 contact that I shoudl not have added to my BB messager . Other party has my BB pin. I want to delete this contact. How? I can not find any way to delete this pin only, BB contact from my phne...
New Contributor
chikadiksita11
My Device: Curve 8900

It doesn't work for me though. The contacts are still in my blackberry and can't be deleted? Is there another way?