Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: bb porsche p9981
My Carrier: mtnl

Unable to Register Porsche 9981

Hi, Need help,
1. Unable to register the device on the network,
I have tried all possible solutions available in the Forums.
I have updated the OS to 7.1 through the desktop manager
The diagnostics pass all tests except Blackberry Services where it waits for 90 secs & error is FAIL.
The BIS ACTIVATED sim cards carrier Airtel & Vodafone are working on BB 9900 & BB9780 BUT FAIL ON THE PORSCHE 9981
The HRT table is empty despite numerous attempts to register it.
The carrier BIS website fails to detect the new device,
Blackberry India will not support Phones purchased outside the country
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to Register Porsche 9981

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

sukhmandir wrote:
Blackberry India will not support Phones purchased outside the country

If that is accurate, then what you are attempting to do is use a device on their network that they do not approve. They own their network, and have every right to decide what devices will and will not work on their network. If they say no, then that is final, is it not?

From what you describe, you have done all that you can do short of seeking formal support from the network operator. But, as you've said, they say "no"...

Oh...and RIM makes no decisions about what devices will work on which networks. The network owners (the mobile service providers) are 100% responsible for deciding which devices they will support on their networks.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi ,

Thx so much for your time & effort, This is an unlocked phone & is supported on all networks. I am in contact with RIM UK & hopefully awaiting a solution, Almost all users of Porche in India have bought their phones from outside the country as it wasn't available till a few days back & are able to register their devices for BlackBerry Services. The moment I use WIFI & my BlackBerry ID on Porche , all the services are active thro' wifi including BBM, Emails etc & the amazing part is the carrier detects the new device on it's BIS website with wifi connected but the edge/gprs is in small letters, The moment wifi is switched off, we are back to the same issue, though all the time HRT is empty,

M totally confused

Regds

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, from here, we can only guess...so here are some possibilities:

Your BB is not truly unlocked...please check this helpful thread for information:

Your BB is, for one reason or another, registered inside of another carriers BIS system. Each BB can be registered into one, and only one, BIS system in the world at any given moment. If this is the case, what would happen is pretty much exactly as you describe. While running on the India carrier data network, no BIS Services are available since they cannot create a BIS account for you. But, when you activate WiFi, BIS services become available...but they are not coming from your India carrier...rather, they are coming (via WiFi) from that other carrier. Until that other carrier releases the BB PIN from their BIS system, the India carrier will be unable to enable any data services for you. But, the India carrier certainly should have been able to tell you that they could not create a BIS account...

But, from all you have described (especially the lower case edge/gprs), the problem resides on the carrier side...there is typically nothing the end user can do to resolve this situation. The carrier(s) must do so.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi ,

Thx so much, RIM Analyst have been able to solve the problem & it is working now, feel elevated as it has been a long struggle,I have yet to know the reason for this issue & how it has been resolved, The guess is it had to do something with RIM & I am thankful to them for the response & also resolving the same within a day,Keep Up your good work Thx Again

Sukhmandir