Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
BBOS
My Device: Bold 9700

Unable to Update to BB OS 6

I am having difficulties with updating to OS 6. When attempting an update I am told that I need an active Blackberry subscription. I wish to know how to become an active subscriber. I once before had OS 6 on my device but now I cannot get back onto OS 6. The device also lacks some applications upon installing of the OS such as the games are missing or BlackBerry Maps, those that come as default.As well it says my device is apparently associated with an  email that uses a Blackberry Enterprise Server even though it isn't, and I cannot add my own email.

I appriciate any responses. 

Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10

Re: Unable to Update to BB OS 6

your service provider might help you.

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
New Contributor
BBOS

Thank you for your contribution, but I have become quite fond of OS 5. A little more responsive etc.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

You don't want OS 6 on a 9700....believe me.  

As good a phone as the 9700 is, it doesn't have the required onboard memory to properly run OS 6.  Oh, it'll run it, but you'll be faced with freezing up and crashes almost constantly.

You've made a good decision to stick with OS 5.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
Jwall_
My Device: 9780

My BB is unable to use the newest version of the software everytime it updates it states there's no OS on the phone, however I'm able to use the old versions. But without the app world so I can't have any applications other than the basics. 

Elite II
BillJ

@Jwall_, it's always best to start a new thread if you have an issue; it makes it easier to find that way.

If you're seeing that there is no OS on the phone, then plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once it tries to connect to the software and cannot (due to lack of an OS), the software should inform you that you need to load an OS and it should also have one ready for you.

Please post back with your  results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
Jwall_

It puts an OS on there but the trackpad doesn't work unless it's the very first OS. The newer ones cause the trackpad not to work for some stupid reason.

I'm ringing my network provider this morning and kicking off. It'll be my 7th Blackberry an there's only 2 months left on my contract.
New Contributor
BBOS

Is there any way I can add a personal email, with only the option of an enterprise email currently available? Also I cant find Blackberry Maps on the phone and a fresh install doesn't bring it back nor does it bring back any default applications.

New Contributor
Jwall_

Just tried to update to the newest OS and it keeps coming up with error 507. Even though it's connected to my computer that says it's finished doing the update.

Also when I try to add applications from my computer it says it's unable to authenticate the blackberry. Saying it's invalid.

No idea what's going on here, I'm also still waiting a call back from my service provider. 

Elite II
BillJ

BBOS wrote:

Is there any way I can add a personal email, with only the option of an enterprise email currently available? Also I cant find Blackberry Maps on the phone and a fresh install doesn't bring it back nor does it bring back any default applications.

BBOS, if you only have the Enterprise activation option, your phone has an IT policy which must be removed.  This is done by doing a security wipe of your phone.  From your homescreen, follow Options>Security Options>Security Wipe.  Follow the instructions onscreen to wipe the device but make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software first.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy: