Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Unable to Update to BB OS 6

Jwall_ wrote:
It puts an OS on there but the trackpad doesn't work unless it's the very first OS. The newer ones cause the trackpad not to work for some stupid reason.

I'm ringing my network provider this morning and kicking off. It'll be my 7th Blackberry an there's only 2 months left on my contract.

Every OS released by RIM should work; the fact that one disables your trackpad while others don't is very strange.  I'd be curious to hear what your carrier says about the issue.  Please post back with their response.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Thank you, I shall try that out!

Jwall_

Did you use any techniques to attempt your update, as you may have tweaked something that is causing this. 

New Contributor

I preformed the security wipe but still the enterprise option (only option) remains. I chose the appropriate selections as well. Its just burned into the heart of the phone.

Elite II

[ Edited ]

BBOS, performing a security wipe is really the only way of removing an IT policy from a BlackBerry phone.  Unless you've had the phone on an Enterprise Server (in which there are other ways), a security wipe is the answer.  Why it hasn't worked for you, I'm not sure.

Have a look at what RIM has to say about the issue:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14202

If following that article does not yield the desired results, you might be best to call your carrier to see what they say.  :smileyhappy:

P.S.  I just got a stroke of genius.  You do have a BlackBerry data plan (also known as BIS for BlackBerry Internet Service) on your account, right?  Without BIS, you can't load a personal email address to your phone.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I do not have a data plan so so sadly I cant have a personal email, but the most important thing is that I know why I can't have one.

Thank you for all your effort put into this post:smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: 9780

I rang my service provider and in my own words, they told me that due to my warranty had now ended on my phone. It's no longer their problem. 

My BB seems to be running well on the old software version no slip ups or technical issues until I use the app world. Then the track pad stops working. 

I don't think I'm going to have the BB much longer anyhow they offered me a buy out for my contract which I'm considering, so far orange have done nothing but inconvenience me further. 

Elite II

BBOS wrote:

I do not have a data plan so so sadly I cant have a personal email, but the most important thing is that I know why I can't have one.

Thank you for all your effort put into this post:smileyhappy:

Keep in mind that you can still access your email account from your phone's browser if you can log on to it on the internet, you just won't get notifications of new emails pushed to your phone.  :smileyhappy: