Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
divyaan
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 1 month
Accepted Solution

Unable to disable the security password and encryption

Hellow, I am Currently using,
BlackBerry® 9780
smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
6.0 Bundle 3049 (v6.0.0.706, Platform 6.6.0.246)
3G Bands 1,2,5,6
Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.6.5
Branding Version: 1.0.99.538J
Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1
Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
Micro Edition Security and Trust Services (APDU) Version: 1.0
WLAN Version: 4.3.0.9
(Research In Motion Limited)
Now the problem is like I am not able to disable the password inSecurity,
(Homescreen>options>security>Password), there is a small lock (yellow colour lock symbol). Another problem is that I am also not able to disable encryption, there is a tick mark on it which. And there is a same symbol of a lock, please assist me da necessary info regarding it, after every 20 mins my B.B gets locked and I am asked to put on da password, I want it to b done in the company assistance.
Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to disable the security password and encryption

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, there is an IT Policy on your BB that is requiring both encryption as well as a device-lock password. If you are presently on BES, then STOP NOW and see your BES admins as they control this.

If you are not on BES, then somehow your BB has an IT Policy causing this...perhaps it was once associated with BES, but not properly removed when ownership was transferred to you. Hopefully there won't be other problems...such often happens with "2nd hand" situations. In any event, you can check this:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

Even if does not appear as described, from what you have described, there likely is an IT Policy causing this (some can be well "hidden"). To remove it, first make sure you have a good full backup of your BB...see the link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions. Then, conduct this:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Afterwards, your BB will be like brand new...you will need to re-install your apps and restore your data (as per the backup you took from my instructions above). BUT -- when you do the data restore, DO NOT do a full restore...rather, only restore those databases you require (e.g., Contacts, Calendar, Messages, etc.) and specifically avoid any that have anything to do with IT Policy, Enterprise, or similar things...if you restore those, you'll be right back where you started.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
divyaan
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 1 month

Re: Unable to disable the security password and encryption

[ Edited ]

Hellow, I am Currently using,
BlackBerry® 9780
smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
6.0 Bundle 3049 (v6.0.0.706, Platform 6.6.0.246)
3G Bands 1,2,5,6
Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.6.5
Branding Version: 1.0.99.538J
Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1
Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
Micro Edition Security and Trust Services (APDU) Version: 1.0
WLAN Version: 4.3.0.9
(Research In Motion Limited)
Now the problem is like I upgraded My Facebook application on mobile, yesterday, now I m unable to use the features and even I can't operate, I can't open da Menu bar and also unable to open da notifications, messages and request icons. All I could do is scroll up and down, please resolve it o asist meh something, some mrthods to make it work correctly. Now the second complaint is like ma cellular speed, I m using a Vodafone sim card. With da number (personal info removed), I m currently operating through a BIS (blackberry Internet service) a 399 Rs deduction plan, which offers 3G speed. Now i can't use it at da 3G speed even though I have selected 3G in da network options, very very slow speed is what I go through. I contacted da customer care and they said like, there is no problem wid the network. Plz suggest meh some better awesum tips thank you. For assistance contact meh on ma email which is (personal info removed)@gmail.com ....waitin fuh a satisfactory answer

Please use plain text.