Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

kleomeenu
My Device: Bold9650

Uncaught Exception;java.lang.illegalstateException

Hi

Last week,i have installed OS 6 in Bold 9650 CDMA/GSM  .After the activation all are working fine except my mails and browsing.

Before,it was OS5 and was working fine.

1.i cannot open my all incoming mails which is coming in handheld.i can see the notifications but unable to open either new or old one.

2.Today,i checked browser option with w/fi.and it doesnt work and got an error message

Uncaught Exception;java.lang.illegalstateException

Plz help me withe the mentioned problem asap.

Shall i re install the OS or what.if yes then plz send me the link.

Thanks!!!

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Uncaught Exception;java.lang.illegalstateException

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You need to re-register your device on the network.

KB00510  How to register a BlackBerry® smartphone with the wireless network.

This should bring back your browser and email functions. The uncaught exception maybe another problem but let's start with getting the base functions back.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
Finchie363
My Device: Bold 9780

I have the exact same problem on my bold 9780 after the update! I did a complete wipe of the phone and a couple battery pulls. Also just did that re- register network thing.
Anymore ideas? So frustrating :smileysad: please help!
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Hi Finchie and welcome to the forums!

As you can see these issues can be quite involved to resolve.

Please open a thread of your own with as much detail as possible. You will get greater visibility and specific information for your 9780. This will allow both you and the original poster space and time for fixing the issues.

As you prepare your thread let e ask a question, answer it in the new thread.

Did you do a restore all after your upgrade? Potentially you could have restored the source if the error.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

It's important to install and run the program with:

Full Administrative rights are correctly propagated for the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

If using Windows Vista and Windows 7, enable the privilege level by completing the following steps:

1. From the Start menu, click All Programs.
  2. In the All Programs section, open the BlackBerry folder.
  3. Right-click Desktop Manager and click Properties.
  4. Click the Compatibility tab.
  5. In the Privilege Level section, select the Run this program as an administrator check box.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Restart the computer.

KB24040  Support for Microsoft Office 2010 Click-to-Run installation

User Guide - BlackBerry Desktop Manager 

Release Notes - BlackBerry Desktop Software 

New Contributor
Finchie363
My Device: Bold 9780

i have windows XP on my computer. So i don't have that administrative option in that tab :smileysad: i think i might just take this into the bell store for them to fix or replace. I can't figure this out :smileysad:

erick_barahona
My Device: 9780

I went throug all procedure:

1. Re-start taking off battery.

2. Restore factory defaults.

3. Register the device in the network.

And none of these solution really helped. I still got the problems for web browsing (none) and with my emails. What I had to do is to re-load the OS on my BBrry 9780 since the copy I had and that I was using to do the restoration to factory setting was corrupted.

1. Download your 9780 OS, look for your service provider. You can google it, following is the one I use for my service provider:

http://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=48FBAB00052197BC8BD943498B89D...

NOTE: It is important to look for your service provider (KPN, O2, Telefonica+Country, etc), since not all SW loads are quite the same and if you load a different OS image you could find another issues due different setting between service providers.

2. To watch the following video (turn the music down):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv6X8aA_XXE

2.1 Google for your OS version and service provider and download the image.

2.2. Do a backup of your Blackberry before the pocedure using the BlackBerry Desktop.

2.3. Once done the backup close the BlackBerry Desktop.

2.4. Install the 9780 OS image is a self extracting package that will install the OS and the AppLoader in the "Common files" folder.

2.5. Look in the "Common files" in the following path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\

2.6. Go to "AppLoader" folde and delete the "vendor.xml" file.

2.7. Make sure you Blackberry handset is connected to your PC.

2.8. Run the "Loader.exe" and make sure to check only the necessary software packages in the list of SW displayed by the Loader.

2.9 Wait until the process has fineshed loading the OS version in your BBrry.

2.10. Enjoy.

The problem that happens is that the OS image in the BBrry might get corrupted and it does not make a difference if you do a "Securtiy Wipe" since you are still loading a bad OS image.

Check if your phone is working properly (mine did), and do another backup with this new clean OS in your phone. Try to restore your contacts in your phone from your backup, if problem persist you will need to sync them using a different method perhaps with the BBrry Desktop or via BES.

This solved my problem but since I had an enterprise service for mail I had to ask for a new password to re-connect the service.

Before going into these steps try the first try the easy ones, just in case your case is not as severe as mine was.