Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
sarahlouise1978
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Updates

I had 3 updates today one of them being blackberry app world and when I went to upgrade my phone froze and since then it takes about 10 seconds to get onto anything and I can't even access the app world at all on my phone now.. Help please :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Updates

The first thing to do is to remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Now that you've done that, see if your phone runs smoother.

You also said that you can't access App World on your phone.  Can you offer some more information?  Is there no icon anymore, or there is but it doesn't respond, or are you getting an error message?

Please post back with updated information.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarahlouise1978

I have the app world icon and when i click onto it it just says loading and nothing happens so i have to take the battery out. Ive been doing this since 3pm this afternoon

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Ok, we're going to uninstall your App World then re-install it.  From your homescreen, go to Options>Applications.  Find App World, highlight it with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete.  Once it's deleted, from your phone's browser go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and download it once again.

Please post back once it's been installed and we'll see how you're doing at that point.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarahlouise1978

sorry its not working ive highlighted the app world icon but it doesnt give me the option to delete it

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

OK, on to the next step.

You've already pulled the battery multiple times, so everything SHOULD be running smoothly.  If your App World just keeps saying "loading", there is obviously something up with it.

My suggestion is to reload the OS to your phone.  If everything else on your phone is working properly, this might seem like overkill but it's what I always suggest after battery pulls and it's helped a few people.

Plug your phone into your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has been recognized, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Choose the most recent restore point and load it.  This will reload your OS including all the important things like App World.  I suspect this will solve your problem.

Please post back if you need help with this.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.