Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Upgrade Info: BB OS 4.2 to Desktop 4.6 & BB OS 4.5; Pearl by AT&T

I have a Curve 8310 and I can't get it to update. I get a "fatal error has occurred" message every time I try. What am I doing wrong? Can you direct me to instructions on how to update? I am getting really mad and frustrated.

I was able to fix this myself. I had to remove my micro sd card.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a BB curve 8330, i upgraded to OS 4.5.0.77 this past sunday.  (i did not know thier are higher versions at the time)  Part of the reason i did was to have access to the HTML feature for email.  My understanding was that we would have that with the upgrade. 

however, i still do not have the HTML available.  

My questions are:  

Did i misunderstand about the availability of html in the version that i upgraded to?

If i have access to html, how do i enable it on my BB?  I am not using the BB internet service.  i am just using the Verizon provided internet service.  

Thanks ahead of time for any help.  If i can do this with a simple upgrade, i do not see the point in spending $30 for an app.

Drew

Message Edited by drewwindsor on 05-01-2009 11:04 AM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

once you have installed the 4.5 OS on your device, you have to check a box in the messages application options.
as far as I know, it works with BIS. I don't know about the Verizon Internet Service.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

thanks for the reply.  I was looking through the link that was in the original post, and found where it said to re-send " Service Books" and that took care of my problem.  There is an option that i had to check to automaticlly down load images.  Even with the option checked, i still have to manually down load images.  not sure why.  jsut glad i can view email in html now. 

Drew.  

New Contributor

Smith,

I'm facing the same problem which you had earlier on Curve.. I have 8100 pearl with device software v 4.1, I tried to upgrade with device software v5.0.

After backup,while "connecting to device ROM", getting error message saying "FATAL ERROR OCCURED". Even though, I tried by removing my SD card, still I'm getting same error message.

Please help me to upgrade with new software.

New Contributor

Very useful article for those who wants to upgrade BB 8100. I figured out one point that could lead to problem.

The point is that I removed vendor.xml after Desktop Manager installation and before installation of 4.5 Device software. As I figured out installation of 4.5 Device Software makes another copy of the same vendor.xml in the same location. So the lesson learnt is to delete vendor.xml AFTER you install new (desired) version of Device software.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

andriyko wrote:

Very useful article for those who wants to upgrade BB 8100. I figured out one point that could lead to problem.

The point is that I removed vendor.xml after Desktop Manager installation and before installation of 4.5 Device software. As I figured out installation of 4.5 Device Software makes another copy of the same vendor.xml in the same location. So the lesson learnt is to delete vendor.xml AFTER you install new (desired) version of Device software.

hello,

I confirm the following point :

the vendor.xml is a file that is shipped with all OS softwares published by a carrier (-> except the leaked ones).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

upgrade glitch?

Hello,
I thought you'd would be interested in this little feedback about the latest system software for the Blackberry Curve. After I installed it everything seems to work find except: the 'W'(or the '1') key was no longer assigned to voicemail. A glitch perhaps?