If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
irenatee
My Device: Blackberry 9810

Urgent: JVM Error 528

Please help. My 9810's battery was completely dead last night. After charging it for couple hours I checked and there was a white screen of "JVM Error 528". I tried to click Continue and it brought me to the hourglass. I quickly took off the battery to manually reboot it, but the same error notification came up each time. Then I tried to connect my Blackberry to the Desktop Software (the last time I backed up was like 6 months ago unfortunately) and my device was not recognized. I followed through the instruction of updating Blackberry Device Software.

Now I am in the process of doing so, however the application loader cannot connect to the device. It says: "There might not be any Blackberry Software Device installed on this device. If your device is working, disconnect then reconnect your device and click Retry. Otherwise, your device data will not be backed up. If your device is not working, click Ignore to continue loading software." I don't know how to go from here, I am not very technologically savvy. Please help me save my phone and, most importantly, my data and contacts.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Urgent: JVM Error 528

Hi irenatee,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Just to clarify, have you already tried clicking Ignore or disconnecting and reconnecting and clicking Retry? If neither of those options helped load the BlackBerry® Device Software, you may want to try starting a the software reload without the battery inserted then reinsert the battery after the software reload has started. This article will provide further steps. http://bbry.lv/onZ4Wf

If the BlackBerry® Desktop Software is unable to connect with your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9810 smartphone, you will not be able to take a current backup, however when the software reload has finished, you should be able to restore the older backup file you have.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
donaldlca
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Celcom

HI,

I am facing the same problem for JVM 528 error code. At the very begining of this problem, i cant make call and i reboot the phone try whether would help. It wasn't help much then i removed the battery where the error code immediately appear again on the center of screen. After click the continue button, all my setting retunred to the original from box and all messages and emails are gone. However the BBM contacts and messages still there. 

The biggest problem I am facing now is i could not restor my contact from gmail to phone. Please help. 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi donaldlca,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Have you already followed the instructions in the previous post to reload the software? Were you able to backup your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone first?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.