Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
tessa79
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Safaricom Kenya
Accepted Solution

Urgent! Need to upload OS to Bold 9900

I was having issues with my Bold 9900 and ran the 'factory reset' using BBSAK.

My phone is now blank with a white screen.

I downloaded the latest OS for Bold 9900 (v7.1.0.2061) for my network provider (Safaricom Kenya) using this link: http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

However, upon launching the installation, I get this error message: 'Error reading set up initialization file'

Please help!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Urgent! Need to upload OS to Bold 9900

Unplug your phone from BlackBerry Desktop Software, wait a few seconds then try again. Sometimes BDS doesn't detect your phone on the first try; you might even have to try multiple times. Once it's connected, you should be prompted to load the OS you downloaded.

Keep us up to date on your progress.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Also try downloading again and after you do, right click on the file and select "run as administrator."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tessa79

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the replies. Here's an update: I installed a new media card & reset my phone to factory settings using BBSAK and managed to upgrade to the new OS 7.1 through my phone. Working fine apart from this same error message when I unplug from charging:

'Built in Media Storage not Accessible due to Detected Errors. Do you wish to Repair it now?', When I click yes, I get a message 'Built in Media Repair Failed'.

Was told earlier to wipe the device and use BBSAK to reinstall the OS - however I didn't do a wipe because the OS downloaded on my laptop won't open/install.

Can you advice what to do now?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Try reformatting the card in the device.

If you have the latest update and you already reinstalled why do you need to wipe again?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tessa79

I formatted the 'Built in Memory' and it fixed the issue. Had formatted the media card earlier upon installation. Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Excellent!
Please use plain text.