Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Using Blackberry as a modem with Windows Vista Ultimate

I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 (my provider is Sprint). I recently upgraded to the Curve from the 7130. I’ve always used my phone “as a modem”, connecting it to my laptop for internet service while I’m on the road. I never had issues until I upgraded my phone and changed my laptop. My laptop now has the Windows Vista Ultimate OS, which by the way is the worst thing ever that happened in the story of computers. Its not compatible with ANYTHING!

Here’s the issue:

I connect my phone as a modem with no issues using the Sprint Smart View software. The problem arises when I open up Internet Explorer. The explorer freezes when I try to browse giving the following annoying message:

‘Internet Explorer is not responding. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem’. The browser then restarts with a new explorer page, and then freezes again.

I’m sure a number of people using Vista have seen this message. I’ve tried a number of things that haven’t worked (including removing Add-ons). I desperately need a new solution.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Using Blackberry as a modem with Windows Vista Ultimate

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This links to a procedure using the Sprint package

that address's the Explorer freeze up. See if it helps you.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-use-your-blackberry-modem-19093/ 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter