Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

pakpon
My Device: Not Specified

VPN (PPTP) can balckberry support that??

I would like to buy a blackberry but what I want is can connect with VPN via PPTP. I'm not sure blackberry can surf the internet with VPN. If it can by a software or PPTP could you please let me know how can I do that and which model can support that?

Thank You  

Please use plain text.
cwlinde
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: VPN (PPTP) can balckberry support that??

I also need to be able to connect with VPN PPTP to my network. It's so simple on the iphone, why can't it be simple on the blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here are the relevant KB's that I could find:

• KB13215 Virtual private network (VPN)
  • KB13469 Configure a VPN profile on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB13352 Configure a VPN profile on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
  • KB14627 Mapping VPN Policy Group settings to the BlackBerry smartphone

Not sure which (if any) apply to your needs...but you are free to search the KB's further here:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
johnnash
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: Dont want to show

Yes Balckberry support VPN (PPTP). I have been using this service for almost 2 months. PureVPN a (provider) gives these services in balckberry. I am really happy with the speed too. You can get complete details of this provider from here http://www.bestvpnservice.com/providers/30/purevpn.html
Please use plain text.
AmmarNaeem
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

A VPN is a tunneling tool that encrypts data for online security and tunnels it for online privacy. So When choosing your VPN protocol, make sure you begin by identifying your VPN use. To play it safe, make sure you pick a VPN provider that guarantees you access to the PPTP Protocol while connecting with Blackberry. 

Most VPN Providers will limit protocol access depending on the pricing package you purchase. I recommend finding a VPN service provider that gives all-round protocol access regardless of the pricing plan and help you to easily connect with BlackberryHere is the list of best PPTP VPN providers that support blackberry. http://www.vpnranks.com/pptp-vpn/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
maceblack2
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: wind mobile

I have a 9320 and I cannot find the PPTP protocol on the phone. I set up android phone with PPTP but the Blackberry sems to have preset VPN services like Cisco, alcaltel, Lucent but no simple PPTP

Please use plain text.