Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
b0ssman
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

What server does blackberry.net emails come from?

I currently have a blackberry which I use for company emails. I also have it set up to to send/receive email using my <name>@bell.blackberry.net address. My question is which email server does the blackberry.net email go through. Still through our corporate BES or outside of it? Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: What server does blackberry.net emails come from?

blackberry.net emails go though RIM's server, its independent of your compnay server, and can only be used on your blackberry. You can also set up your personal emails if you wisg e.g. gmail, yahoo etc.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
b0ssman

Thanks for the info!
Please use plain text.
Allisonwf

Are messages sent and received using my private gmail on the blackberry (whether accessed through the application or just through the web) stored on my work server or just another one? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

what exactly you  mean? are you using gmail on BB or your work email address? If you are using messages are sent and received using your gmail and RIM servers. If you are using work email address then depending on the setup your work email address will be involved as well. Please be precise and clear about your quest.?
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.