Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: 27722041809

When will OS 7.1 be available in South Africa????

When will OS 7.1 be available in South Africa?? It has so far been released in many other countries but why not ours? i feel that this is greatly unfair! Please help!

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: When will OS 7.1 be available in South Africa????

There is no way to know. RIM distributes the OS's to the carriers for testing and the carriers decide when to release.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

It's available as soon as you download it, assuming it's available for your phone. Just because your carrier isn't offering it, doesn't mean you can't use it.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That is true. However, If you load shotgre carrier's release you may not get support from your own carrier. Other than that there is nothing wrong with using an OS from another carrier.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

True, but you can easily reinstall the original OS if there is an issue with the carrier.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Guru I

Very true. I've written hundreds of posts on it on other forums and do it myself routinely. On these forums, however, we must add the disclaimer. Run any OS you like but know you may not get support from your carrier and may have to reinstall an old OS in order to get support.