Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

bennylast
My Device: 8520

Why no Indian language support?

Being one of the finest business device manufacturers, why RIM is not supporting Indian languages? I can view websites using OperaMini (as image). Still, the mails which I receive in Indian languages appear as blocks! It is so sad that RIM is not at all considering Indian community, may the one of the largest consumer community in the whole word..

With regards,
benny

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Why no Indian language support?

BlackBerry device does support Indian languages. All your need to do in install OS that for East Asian countries. But mostly indic languages support is available for OS 6.0 and above.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900

Just hook up your device to a computer and open the Desktop Software. There you can install and delete almost every language you want! It should be in pretty much plain view, take a look and you will see!
Contributor
-Jerrelle
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G

Like said above just use you're blackberry usb cable and connect it to your computer, then download desktop manager and install a indian language support, if you want any more ideas or information try a search on Google about installing seprate langauges to a blackberry device.
Contributor
manojjhaenglishtrainer
My Device: curve 8520

Thanks to all of u there for the solution rendered.Itseems it will work.I gonna try this solution at once..
Contributor
manojjhaenglishtrainer

It is very cumbersome to send a lot of songs one by one from my curve 8520. How do I send a file at a time? I am not getting any option as SELECT ALL in my device. If anybody could help me !
Super Contributor
habbitzz

Try asking in the Curve forum, I think you'll have better luck getting an answer there.
Contributor
manojjhaenglishtrainer

Hi
I use curve 8520.I would like to switch off camera click sound but I am not getting the option .If anybody could help me regarding this ?
Super Contributor
habbitzz

I don't think that's possible other than downloading an app dedicated to just that! I've seen a couple of different apps in App World that does exactly what you're asking, so it shouldn't be a hassle to get one!

Good luck.
Contributor
manojjhaenglishtrainer

I've just downloaded google map on my curve8520 and it works properly .Hopefully, it will not disturb my phone software.