Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
merlot72
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Yahoo calendar won't sync

I've searched a couple of forums here and haven't found an answer to my issue.  My BB 8130 no longer syncs with my yahoo calendar.  My appointments remain on the BB, but they will not transfer over to yahoo.  I am connecting directly to my computer using the BB desktop manager (version 4.3.0.15)- I am not using blackberry enterprise server.  I get e-mails to and from the account fine, and, with the exception of a few duplications here and there, the address book syncs just fine. 

I'm not sure if this is important, but when I select "select Calendar..." in the calendar menu, I find two Calendars, one titled "My E-Mail"  and the other also titled "My E-Mail" - I've changed the color of each calendaer so that, when looking at all calendars I can see which appointment is under which calendar.  However, neither of these sets appears on yahoo after syncing.  I've changed the setup so that it's a one-way sync from the BB to Yahoo to no avail - only the address book transfers over.

Any ideas?  It's more frustrating for my wife who uses the yahoo calendar to see my schedule. 

Visitor
chuffer123

Re: Yahoo calendar won't sync

Same problem, except I am a new BB user (Curve) trying to do a sync with my Yahoo Calendar and Contacts for the 1st time (Desktop v 4.3.0.17).  When I try to sync both, the Calendar goes 1st, and after 10-20 seconds I get an error message "Error encountered error code 0x83e90002. Check documentation".  If I remove the Yahoo Calendar and just sync the Contacts, it seems to work fine (though I did have to remove Middle Name from the Field Mapping because the First Name seemed to be repeated in the Middle Name field in most cases).
New Contributor
merlot72

Like you, the contact seem to sync just fine.  As for the calendar, no error message for me - but I think it may be more than just a yahoo issue.  Turns out, I can only sync 3 (out of many, many more) events on outlook.  I doubt many people have a problem syncing with outlook - so is this a problem with the BB itself or the desktop manager???
Visitor
hsmack

Hello - I just bought my bb curve on wed. 5/21 and downloaded the desktop mgr on thursday 5/22 to yahoo.  I had NO issues.  I have spent 6 hours today w/ both verizon and blackberry tech w/ this same issue!  Both verizon and blackberry can not fix this error.  They (blackberry tech) say that it is NOT my blackberry curve, nor my yahoo account....it is my brand new computer!  I have a gateway computer.  I really doubt that is my computer.  I was able to sync on thursay 5/22 w/ no issues, and today was my 2nd attempt. 

Error encountered. Error code - 0x83e90002. Check documentation.

I do not have outlook. The verizion tech lady advised me to use yahoo.  There must have been an yahoo upgrade since thursday.

The blackberry tech did a sync to his yahoo account and it worked.  but he has 8830 series i believe.  Not the 8330 series. 

He also had me upgrade to the latest 4.3 version.  4.3.0127.  But i still have the error.  I can basically transfer my Window Vista contacts and that's it.  I can no longer sync the calander.  I guess I will have to buy outlook 2002 or later.  That is what the tech said.

Please let me know if you have fixed your bb.

thanks!

New Contributor
merlot72

Spent the afternoon on the phone with one of the blackberry techs with Sprint.  One tidbit she gave me was that a lot of problems they've had with sync-ing (particularly with calendars) has been with the 4.3 version of desktop server.  They recommended uninstalling the current desktop manager and replacing it with version 4.2 sp 2.  It didn't fix anything for me, but it may be worth a shot with your bb.  

Seeing as how the tech and I were working on this thing for almost 3 hours, she gave me a task to try tomorrow on my computer at my office and we'll touch bases and try again Friday afternoon when I'm back form work.  

I suspect I'll eventually wind up resetting my bb and re-entering all my entries by hand. 

klutgens

Hi all!  First time poster.  I, too, was getting the 0x83e90002 error.  In thinking about it a bit, it occured to me that, recently Yahoo put in an update where you don't just type in your user id, you type in userid@yahoo.com.  I tried the following and it seemed to get rid of the error:

1)  click into sychronize from the Desktop Manager, then go to the Configuration tab

2)  click on "configure synch"

3)  highlight the calendar, then go into "setup".  Choose Yahoo, then a couple of screens later, click on "Options"

4)  *UNCHECK* the box that saves your id and password, then finish the rest of the setup

5)  do the same for address book

6)  get out of Desktop Manager - when I reopened, and got prompted for user ID and password, I typed in <userid>@yahoo.com and my password (had to do it twice - once for address book and once for calendar) and no more error!  woo hoo!

Hopefully this helps - I use this to keep track of my husband too (he works 3rds, so never know when he's working unless I'm synched!)

New Contributor
merlot72

Problem solved.  I spoke with another sprint bb tech who, at one put surmised that maybe it just takes a while for the entries one has placed on the bb to sync across to outlook/yahoo.  I was playing along with her up to that point, when I told that was just incorrect.  So I was transferred to their "advanced tech support."  

He tried a few things, including trying to upload a calendar 2007 patch which apparently was not available for my unit.  We were simply left to surmise that, somehow, my calendar file or program had become corrupt.  I commend his patience, as we spent about 2 hours on the phone together trying all sorts of stuff.  As expected, he walked me through a hard reset (losing all the data on my phone) and, voila, it's up and syncing again.

New Contributor
ksnewbb

I just got a new Blackberry Curve 8330 (Verizon) yesterday and I too have this problem with the same error code when trying to sync the calender. I did a hard reset and tried again. It is still happening. I then removed all yahoo calendar entries after exporting them to a file. With a blank calender, it synced with no problem. I imported the calendar entries back to yahoo calender and again got the error. My contact list syncs fine if I don't have calendar checked.

Anybody have any other ideas?

New Contributor
godspeedwsa

I have a slightly different problem with the Yahoo calendar and a new BB Curve. When I first tried to install the Yahoo calendar, all went well - it synched, and the calendar popped up on the BB. For several days, any changes to either calendar showed up on the other device - BB to computer, computer to BB.  At some point I think I hit the reset button in error.

Now when I hit the "configure synch" button, I get a message saying "failed to connect, please make sure device is connected and try again". According to other indications, the device is connected and recognized by the Desktop manager - the pin # shows up at the bottem, you can't even hit the synch button if it is not connected.

Anybody have any advice for this?   Thanks very much.

Another new user.

New Contributor
ksnewbb

I upgraded to Desktop 4.5 today and no longer get the numbered error message, but now I get "Connection to Yahoo server lost"   when syncing the calender. Contacts and Memo Pad still sync fine.