Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9630

Re: Yahoo email no longer syncs read status???

SSmel:

I just cut and paste an email I received from yahoo..

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Apologies for repeating my earlier question, but I'm curious to find out if everyone experiencing this issue is on a BIS, or some other individual network, or if end users on a BES are also feeling this pain.

I have a senior VP who has Yahoo email configured on his corp. device. We're on a BES and he too is unable to delete emails off his yahoo account and have it sync to his device.

Wondering if it's across the board (BIS, BES etc...) as if it's only BIS users affected, then there may be something else going on w/ our VP's device.

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

[ Edited ]

BIS (AT&T) for me.

RIM support keeps sending the same basic reply having me do the same test when I inquire about this issue (open RIM support case):

*************************************************************************************

Hello Marc,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support

I am following up on case number ????????????? regarding delayed Yahoo Reconciliation.
To narrow down the issue, would you please test below things?
1. Send two emails to me@email.com

2. From the Yahoo website, mark one as deleted and the other as read.
3. Wait 5 minutes and see if it still hasn’t reconciled.

Please let us know the result so that we can proceed our troubleshooting.

We will pend this case for two working days while waiting for your reply.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry Customer Support
Research In Motion Limited
Tel:
NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
Europe : +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
Email: help@blackberry.com
Web: www.blackberry.com

Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

Hi  jkotsonas,

I am not on BES so the following is just a supposition, but it seems that if there is a problem between Yahoo and Blackberry, then no matter if you are on a BES or BIS your yahoo account won't work probably. Because the yahoo is not hosted inside the company. Even with the BES, this is part of the BIS. So it seems very possible that the problem appearing on your boss phone is the same that we all have.

Which will disappear very soon when buying a new phone from another brand. This coming from one of the most active BB ambassador,... before.

My Device: Storm

BES for me and the same problem.

I've had it at this point.  Waiting for my contract to expire and bye bye Blackberry.

Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

[ Edited ]

has someone any update on this ?

It has worsen on my side as now when I read a message in the BB it still shows it as unread on Yahoo.

So both ways are no longer working.

Thank you!

Contributor

florianb5 - A belated "thanks"  for your reply and info.

That's pretty much what I figured, but it's nice to have

a bit of confirmation.

Hopefully they'll get this resolved soon.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold

This is the response I received from Yahoo on June 17:

"Thank you for letting us know about this issue of your Yahoo! Mail account not syncing correctly on your BlackBerry. I have given the information you provided to our Mobile Product Team. Investigating and resolving this issue may take some time."

I agree that it is taking "some time."  Quite some time, indeed.  Has anyone heard anything from Yahoo or RIM about whether this problem will be resolved in our lifetime?  What really puzzles me is that the synchronization worked just fine for years, then just stopped.  Perhaps someone tripped over a wire....

New Contributor

Hi keb1123,

Please see my earlier post which refers to what I was told by Vodafone in the UK. Their support people contacted RIM about the fault and they were told by them that RIM was withdrawing this functionality for all but Enterprise users.

One post here gave a very half hearted denial of this, but as you have rightly said this has been working for ages and suddenly it stops and is taking 35 years to sort out.

Complete rubbish

Also, this is not just a Yahoo issue in many of the forums other service providers are experiencing the same issues.

This can only be because it is as RIM reported to Vodafone, they are pulling the plug on private users.

Stupid, but as we all know when company's get too big the senior management think they are fireproof and that the mere minions will just blindly follow them and those that don’t they can afford to loose. 

You will note from the total lack of input from RIM on this forum that they clearly don’t care less about this and expect all of us to go away.  

Well I for one have a new Nokia on order and it will do just about all the Blackberry will do. I will just have to get used to a few small differences.

Goodbye Blackberry, you are very stupid people to annoy your loyal customers.

New Contributor
My Device: 9630

As of a couple hours ago, two-way sync with Yahoo is now working for me.