Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Orange - Switzerland

Re: Yahoo email no longer syncs read status???

it is.... NOT WORKING ANYMORE for 4-5 days now.

amazing.

Android here I come.

New Contributor
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: verizon

I agree. No reason to put up with this any longer. Blackberry has not kept up and has provided me very little reason to stick around. Even their new flagship product, the Torch, failed to generate any excitement or show any innovation. After being a loyal Blackberry user for many years, I had such hope. Now it's just a matter of which Android phone, not if.

Sorry Blackberry, I held out as I could.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Interesting. Our senior VP is still having issues as well (test2 still not synching), but we'd kinda given up as activity on this thread pretty much dried up until today, and it's by no means a deal breaker for him.

When I saw the posts today I decided to call BB/RIM support. They're not fessing up to anything, and have no "official" statement regarding it, but the support person I spoke to did end up resending the Yahoo specific service books, and indicated that that may resolve the issue.

You should be able to do this on your device(s); go into options > advanced options > service books and then delete/undelet both the Yahoo desktop and Yahoo CMIME entries.

Haven't checked with our VP to see if this worked, but I suppose it can't hurt to try it at this point.

New Contributor

I guess the good news is that the current issue some are seeing can't be system wide since mine has been working perfectly since the fix by RIM/Yahoo was implemented.

Contributor

in case anyone's curious...

auto email I just received from RIM:

Resolution: 

Advised that RIM has not officially released information on Yahoo syncing issue.

email I just received from our VP:

"...seems to be OK now...let's consider this closed.  It is much better"

In speaking to him it appears it had, for the most part, resolved itself before RIM resent the

Yahoo service books.

Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Orange - Switzerland

It is working again. I resent the service books, I have to admit I could have done it prior posting the previous message :-).

But I am not sure that is linked, since it only got better 2 days ago.

Let's see...