Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

any chinese input app for 8310?

i've been searching for one.  googled this problem, and got linked to a forum that suggested to dl the latest 4.2.2.338 OS.  i downloaded that onto my computer and installed it.  and nothing works.  any help? 
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900

Re: any chinese input app for 8310?

The strange thing here is; if you look in your device under LANGUAGE, I am sure the first is Chinese, even though it isn't listed on the APP LOADER? 

New Contributor

when i go to options/settings >> language   and then input language, chinese does not come up.  it wasn't on the preloaded OS either when i first set up my bb.  any other ideas?  much appreciated

Regular Contributor

Mine is an 8320, however when you dowloaded the software did you download the HANDHELD SOFTWARE 8310 or the option further down for CURVE 8310?

I always download the version further down the list and also install the latest Desktop Manager.  As soon as they are installed and you open the APPLICATION LOADER, it should prompt you to install all the new updates.

Or have you already crossed this bridge?

Regular Contributor

PS: This isn't hanging off a Groupwise server is it?

Is this on any server or just BIS?

New Contributor

i have a bunch of other languages but chinese.  i dled the latest desktop manager.  and even the HK CSL OS, 4.2.2, but i dont think it did anything.  i managed to find out how to read chinese by downloading and installing the chinese language .alx apps, but they do not show up as an input language option.  this is very frustrating. 
Kxi

I have downloaded the multi-language software and installed in my pc. how could I get it into the "Application Loader" of

BB Desktop Manager?

Kxi

have downloaded the multi-language software and installed in my pc. how could I get it into the "Application Loader" of

BB Desktop Manager and add the foreign language application to my BB 8310?