Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

rusah
My Device: blackberry tourch 9800
My Carrier: 09730437770

black berry desktop software not display on pc after installation

I have recently reinstalled Windows XP on my PC, so I am trying to get the Desktop Manager software back on to my computer. I have tried installing several times from the original software disk (version 4.2, I think) and have also tried downloading from the Blackberry website and from cnet, and even from the TMobile website. Each time I try, everything seems to install just fine, but when I try to open the desktop manager it does nothing, it's just a blank window that eventually just closes. When I try to open the Device Manager, I get an error message that says "This application has failed to start because libBBLaunchAgent.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." So I have tried re-installing over and over and every time I get the same result, no matter if I download from the disk or from any website. I have tried to search my computer for the .dll file but there are no results, even in hidden folders. I have done a google search of the .dll file and nothing comes up so I am completely lost and clueless. I have never had trouble installing this software on my PC, it just won't install since I have re-installed Windows. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thehumanslayer12
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520 RIM
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: black berry desktop software not display on pc after installation

Hello rusah,

Welcome To BlackBerry Support Forums!

Your problem with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is very common on Windows XP PCs

From what I've heard, BlackBerry Desktop Manager is Only Compatiable with Windows 7 and Mac but on some Windows XP Computers will it run. Please try going to http://www.blackberry.com and try finding the BB Desktop Manager

*Before you re-install it go to >Control Panal and find the Item that says somthing about deleting Applications off of your Computer

Please let me know if this was Helpful, if it was please mark this comment as the Solution!
Please use plain text.