Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
emesen
My Device: blackberry 9500

blackberry 9500 touchscreen problem

[ Edited ]

Hello,

i have a problem that i hope u coud help me with. The touchscreen is acting kinda weird, i can scroll and select anything without problem but the screen doesn't react if i press it.

That means that when i go with my finger to a button it lights up but doesn't react when i press it. The call, menu, back and cancel phone physical buttons works but the touch screen doesn't.

I looked on the internet and found out that there is some sort of a trick involving paper tissue / electric ductape to put it between battery and closing soo it woud make a pressure to the display from inside out,  that unfortunately doesn't work.

I have also found that there are two screws that u can tinker with and make the display work again, but i don't have the screwdriver that is necessary for it and wont have it  sooner then in several days.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for any response

Please use plain text.
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: blackberry 9500 touchscreen problem

Hello emesen and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your BlackBerry® Storm™ 9500 smartphone.

You can test to see if this is a software issue by backing up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and reinstalling your device software as shown in KB11320 How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows or KB19915 Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer

Before any data is restored, test the touch screen functionality. If the issue persists then contact your point of sale for hardware repairs. It is not advised to attempt hardware repairs on your own.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.