Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
MikeStock
My Device: Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: t mobile
Accepted Solution

blackberry 9860 OS upgrade appears to have stalled

I have installed the Blackberry desktop application in the hopes of syncing my Outlook calendar with my Blackberry 9860.

I took the opportunity to update the OS on the phone but it has been stalled at 1202 of 1545 for 3 hours.

What can I do? It says don't disconnect or the phone will be unusable.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: blackberry 9860 OS upgrade appears to have stalled

Had your device already passed the backup stage?

You might lose your data if you unplug now, but the automatic update should have already been taken and saved. Search your PC for any *.ipd or *.bbb files (normally saved in your MyDocuments folder.

Do you see the backup file dated today?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MikeStock
My Device: Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: t mobile

I had a back up so I was brave and pulled the battery.

On reboot the phone still showed ver 7.0.0 bundle 1465, which I think it was shipped with. (and fortunately the phone/ functionality appears to be unchanged by my blunt handling.)

the phone is continuing to offer updates to 7.0.0/bundle 2406 and ver 7.1.0/bundle 1149

I am guess the 7.1.0 is the one to go for?

I may try again but from home instead of in the office, just in case the business network/firewall etc is having a negative effect on my update attempt.

thanks for your guidance

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good news, then!

IF you proceed with the upgrade via the Desktop Manager, by all means do your own backup first.

Then the upgrade.

Personally, I'd go to the Tmobile website, download your OS file first, and install. And, yes, the 7.1 version.

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.