Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Sabrina31523
My Device: bold 9700

bold 9700 lost BB maps after upgrading to OS6

After I upgraded my bold 9700 to OS6, I lost my BB maps app. I search for it on my phone and I can see maps in the help section on my phone, but it is no where else! Help!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: bold 9700 lost BB maps after upgrading to OS6

do I understand correctly ?
BlackBerry Maps is installed on your device (you see it in the Applications list)
You do not see the icon.

If that is the case, and only if that is the case, please go here and proceed with the installation (it will be a small app of less than 300k)
http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/features/blackberry_maps_download.jsp

it should restore your icon.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Sabrina31523

I have done this numerous times, and it just dowloads blackberry maps installer, and the icon doesn't come back. Its not anywhere :smileysad:
Guru I
Xandrex

Sabrina31523,

I am willing to help you but you need to read my replies carefully. The procedure i gave you only works if blackBerry Maps is already installed on your device.

You need to check first if you see it in your application list in the options. If it is not there, you will have to do an entirely different procedure.

Besides, please confirm that you have a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Keep me posted.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Sabrina31523

Apologies! I do not see it in the applications list anymore. I have a data plan as well.
Guru I
Xandrex

hi again !

this is what probably happened :

when you installed OS6, at some point you were supposed to check the applications you wanted to be installed back. It seems that BlackBerry Maps was not checked.

so I will ask you to connect your device to your computer, run the loader.exe application (use Windows Explorer to search for it), and reinstall the BlackBerry Maps application, as well as any other application you wish that appears in the list.

please keep me posted, Sabrina31523.

Sabrina31523

thanks so much I was able to reinstall the software, but it does not actually load, that is to say it does not have a picture or a map view. Any help on this?
Guru I
Xandrex

what is the exact error message?

Contributor
nelsonturner
My Device: 9800

Google apparently has done something to prevent it from activating. Here is a work around: https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/maps/7ub--3up4r0/discussion