Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
trudellp
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

calendar sync problems on handheld after 4.5 download to pearl

I download 4.5 software to my pearl, and now calendar events on my handheld won't synchronize with my desktop.  I reinstalled 4.2 software to my desktop and have rebooted, but it still doesn't sync right as the handheld still has 4.5 software.  How can I undo what I have done so that my handheld calendar and my desktop calendar will sync?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cpalmer76

Re: calendar sync problems on handheld after 4.5 download to pearl

I am having the same problem with my BB 8830 World Edition.  I downloaded the new device software and all of the entries on my desktop calendar disappeared and will not synch at all.  If anyone has a fix, I'd appreciate hearing it.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

trudellp wrote:
I download 4.5 software to my pearl, and now calendar events on my handheld won't synchronize with my desktop.  I reinstalled 4.2 software to my desktop and have rebooted, but it still doesn't sync right as the handheld still has 4.5 software.  How can I undo what I have done so that my handheld calendar and my desktop calendar will sync?
can you detail the sentence "it still doesn't sync right" ?
besides, there is no problem of having DM 4.2 working with OS 4.5.

you can also install DM 4.7.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trudellp

What I mean by "it still doesn't sync right" is this.  There are events that were on my handheld originally and desktop that now only show up on my handheld.  When I sync, those events stay on my handheld but are now removed from the desktop.  Some of those events are recurring events and others are not.  I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions that you may have.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cpalmer76

Not trying to hijack this thread, but my 8830 WE is having the same issue as the Pearl so hopefully if there is a fix, it applies to both devices.  Don't know if this is relevant, but on my desktop, the lone exceptions to the disappearance of all my calendar entries was one entry I had entered a day or two before the device software upgrade and several recurring birthdays/anniversaries.  Otherwise, all the entries remained on the device but were wiped clean on the desktop and won't resynch.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kathykf

I am having the same problem and may have figured out the root of the problem, but need Blackberry tech to tell me/us the proper way to fix.

PROBLEM:

As mentioned above, there are some weird syncing behaviors going on after updating handheld software. I have a Curve, but am having the same address book problems which I would describe as: A seemgly arbitrary syncing of my desktop and Blackberry calendar. For instance, I have many appts on April 30. The appts all show up on my handheld, and none show up on my desktop. The desktop appts SEEM to have been wiped out when I did a wipe/re-install of the handheld software yesterday. 

ROOT:

The issue seems to be the email listed at the top of the calendar event on the handheld. For instance, if an appt on my handheld says "Send using" and my tmo.blackberry.net address, it does NOT show up on my desktop (these show up for me in blue). If another appt says "Send using" and my pop3 address, it DOES show up on both my desktop (Outlook) and my handheld.

When I try to go in and manually change the email "send to" address on the handheld appts, I get no where. there is no drop down allowing me to "send to" my Pop 3 address.

Hope this is quasi-helpful in unlocking the mysteries of the Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cpalmer76

Interesting!.  I never noticed that on the handheld appts before - I assume it's new to the updated software?  For me, the appts that are not synching are those that say Send Using Device Default.  I discovered that the one appt that did synch says Send Using <my personal email address> not my business email address even though my calendar is on my bisiness computer.  I too am unable to get a drop-down  menu when highlighting the Send Using selection.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trudellp

I have looked closer at my calendar entries on the handheld to see what each one says regarding "send using."  For the appointments that are on the handheld only (most recurring, but not all) it says "send using. . . my business email."  These appointments are also color coded blue.  For the appointments that are on the desktop and the handheld, it says "send using desktop," and they are color coded red.  There is no drop down menu on either type of appointment that would give me another "send using" option.  So, we definitely are all sharing the same issues.  Hope someone can assist us.
Please use plain text.
Retired
BerrySmart
My Device: 8310

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone !

This issue is actually caused by the incorrect default service set on your BlackBerry smartphone.  This article should be able to explain to you in more detail and instruction to fix it: 

www.BlackBerry.com/btsc/KB10374  

In addition, if the Desktop service is the only service that listed from your BlackBerry smartphone, this means your handheld is missing the service books from your BIS email account.   The service books can be easy send from your BlackBerry smartphone or the BIS email website.  For more instruction to resend the Service Book from your handheld, you can follow the article below:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16383

Have a wonderful day!

EDIT: Corrected Link.

BerrySmart!

Message Edited by MohA on 05-05-2009 10:47 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trudellp

Thank you so much for your advice, and it worked!  The only thing that didn't fix itself is the recurring appointments.  They all show up now on the desktope as starting at 5:00 a.m. on one day and ending at 5:00 a.m. the next day even though when I first entered it I marked it as an all day event.  The only way I have been able to fix this is to individually open the recurring series and change the time to start at 12:00 a.m. and end at 12:00 a.m. and it fixes it to show up as one day instead of two.  Not a big deal to do, but if there is an easier way to correct this, please let me know.  Again, thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.