05-06-2009 09:50 AM
05-06-2009 12:39 PM
It sounds like you have a corrupted database on your BlackBerry smartphone. It’s always a good idea to backup your handheld and then clear the Address Book database using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Once that’s completed, you can go ahead to synchronize the information again instead of restoring it ( IF you have all the information on Outlook).
· Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
· In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, open Backup and Restore (do a ‘Restore’ to keep a copy first) and then go back to click Advanced.
· From the Device Databases list, select Address Book and click Clear.
05-06-2009 03:51 PM
05-12-2009 01:23 AM
In my case problem seems to be that only appointments that sync are those created with the email account set as default for calendar. The problem then arises when I am invited to a meeting using another of my email accounts. Can't those be sync'd as well? Thanks
05-12-2009 02:55 PM
THE FOLLOWING SOLVED THE CALENDAR SYNC PROBLEM FOR ME
The links provided in the "accepted solution" but it did not 100% speak to my problem (Calendar items associated with 2 different email addresses and showing up as 2 different colors after software upgrade on both handheld and desktop. Not syncing properly).
Tmobile patched me over to Blackberry. Here is the solution provided to me by Blackberry support over the phone:
1. On handheld, they told me to go to Menu, Options, Advanced Options, Default Services and make sure that the email listed for CMIME is the correct one (vs a facebook one which, as I see in some forums, has messed up some folks' calendar since upgrading facebook on bb).
If that is not the root of the problem....
2. Bring up desktop software, connect device, stop the sync if that starts.
3. On desktop, go to "Back up and Restore" from main screen. Click"Advanced" - it will assess the databases in your phone, give it a few seconds. A progress pane will show up as it is doing this.
4. In the right hand box, scroll down to "calendar." There should be "calendar" and "calendar all." The two should have the SAME number to the right of each of them. Mine did not, so, then the Blackberry tech had me do the following.
5. Disconnect handheld and, on handheld, go to Menu, Options, Service Book. I deleted each LINE with an email followd by email with [CCALC"](or something like this - NOT CMIME) to the right. I had to scroll ALL the way down to get the Facebook one.
6. Go back to the desktop, go to "Back up and Restore" from main screen. Click "Advanced" - and in right hand side box scroll down to "Calendar." "Calendar" and "Calendar All" entries should have the SAME number to the right. (((Apparently, the sign that you have NOT gotten the Facebook service books is you go back into the handheld, back up /restore, advanced and scroll down to calendar and you do not have BOTH "calendar" and "calendar all" - you only have one entry there.)))
This worked for my recurring appts.
This turned all the appts on my handheld the same color.
Hope this helps.
05-19-2009 12:41 PM
I tried what you suggested and it did not work. Calendar entries were not syncing at all and the numbers on the Back Up and Restore screen Advanced Options were still different. After trying various other things listed in the help section on the internet, I am back to where I started. Some entries are syncing on the handheld and some on the desktop; still have different colors. Under the Back Up and Restore Advanced Options, it shows 1318 entries under Calendar and 2077 under Calendar all. I thought about trying what you said previously, but I am afraid I'll get to where I can't sync the calendar again.
This has been so frustrating that I finally broke down and ordered a Blackberry Bold. I can't work effectively with multiple calendars. What I don't know now is what my calendar will look like when I start using the Bold.
Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, is there anything I should do first before syncing with my new Bold once it arrives?
06-07-2009 03:50 PM
6.7.09 Update. PROBLEM RETURNING RE CALENDAR SYNC AND SOLUTION (POSSIBLY A TEMP SOLUTION)
The solution I mentioned previously (re: service books) DID work for me. However, the problem returned (unable to sync calendar between bb device and Outlook). This is what I did when my orignal entry (see earlier post) did not work.
1. I made sure all the CICAL service books were off my handheld (options, advanced, service books, deleted all "CICAL" entries.).
2. Logged in at tmobile site (this is my provider) and clicked "send service books."
3. Then I followed the original directions again (earlier post) and was able to sync my calendar.
I have spoken with RIM 3 times about this as the problem keeps returning. I am searching for a way to make this syncing ability permanent. I have an open service ticket at Blackberry and will update with their solution if this fix (above - which is a re-do of the previously mentioned solution but with a manual send of service books first) is not permanent.