Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

seanxie
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

calendar sync with google calendar

I stopped using Google Sync and tried to switch to BIS sync with my calendar at Google.  It seems that the entries are sync'd fine with 64 entries, but I don't see them on my calendar.  I am not sure where they went.  Maybe the dates were totally messed up so that they end up somewhere else?  Please help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: calendar sync with google calendar

To enable Google calendar synchronization with the BlackBerry smartphone, the Gmail account must first have the calendar enabled. To enable the calendar for the Gmail account, log into the web interface through http://gmail.com and then access the Calendar option at the top of the screen. Accept or update Name and Time Zone information if required. If the Gmail calendar has been previously used, these steps may not be required.

Once the Gmail calendar has been enabled, the following steps can be completed on the BlackBerry smartphone:

For BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7:

1. Navigate to Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account
  2. If prompted, enter your user name and password for your BlackBerry Internet Service account and hit Continue
  3. Select the Gmail address, press the menu button and select Edit.
  4. Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options.
  5. Make sure Calendar is checked, and then click Save.
  6. Confirm the Gmail password, and then click OK.

Information will start to synchronize. Please note that data synchronization may take several minutes to update on the BlackBerry smartphone. Data synchronization will by design only synchronize as far back as 14 days for individual events. Reoccurring events such as birthdays will appear past the 14 day threshold. Any future events will synchronize to the BlackBerry smartphone.

You can check the detail from this KB article -

• KB24204 How to enable or disable calendar synchronization with an integrated Gmail email account

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.