Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
zephyros
My Device: Not Specified

Re: can't update my blackberry bold 9000 os v 4.6 into v5

Just double checked. Still did not have anything for me to upgrade to. When I clicked on "View Other Versions", it showed me other versions that I can DOWNGRADE to. Nothing to upgrade still stuck with 

4.6.1.310 (Bundle 456, Platform 4.2.0.127) 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...try this procedure:

From a PC, you can install any OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload", it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. You can even use a different carriers OS package by simply inserting, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML. Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

I will be offline for a few hours now...I'll try to check back later on.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zephyros

sorry to say....nope didn't work either. Could the reason be my BB is not affiliated with any carrier? I mean like, when I power up my wife's BB it'll display the carrier's screen. Mine is just a blank white screen during power up. 

also for the steps, i'm unable to check both boxes (Delete all application data and Delete all currently installed applications) are checked.  Only able to check All Application Data.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

zephyros wrote:

sorry to say....nope didn't work either. Could the reason be my BB is not affiliated with any carrier? I mean like, when I power up my wife's BB it'll display the carrier's screen. Mine is just a blank white screen during power up. 

That's a bit unusual. How did you procure it?

But...you haven't said what "didn't work"...you should definitely delete VENDOR.XML.

Also, is your BB active on a carrier data network with an active BIS plan? v5.x requires that...but, if that was the case, it would have given you an error message to that effect.

Strange...you can also try BBSAK and see if it will achieve the OS reload. It also has a wipe option that will totally wipe clean your BB PROM. Be careful with that, however...the strangeness of your BB might be a challenge.

zephyros wrote:

also for the steps, i'm unable to check both boxes (Delete all application data and Delete all currently installed applications) are checked.  Only able to check All Application Data.

That too is strange...but what exactly happens if you proceed?

Also check your screen about IT Policy...unfortunately, it could be on different screens based on your OS level and I don't have access to check right now. There is a status screen somewhere that will, if it says anything at all about an IT Policy (even "Default"), means that the resettofactory did not work.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zephyros

Good news, after removing the vendor.xml file, and re-running the Loader.exe, it upgraded my BB to 5.x. 

still confused why we had more problems than most people...

thanks for your help! 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rudz08m

hi.. i also did all the instruction that you had given be me.. but it didn't work.. .. and I also  only able to check all application data.. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

rudz08m wrote:

hi.. i also did all the instruction that you had given be me.. but it didn't work.. .. and I also  only able to check all application data.. 

Hi again -- and welcome back to your thread!

OK...so, can you please provide a detailed explanation of exactly what you did and exactly what happened with each step? From your description, I have no clue where things may have gone wrong. Please provide complete details and we'll see if we can help you figure it out.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

[ Edited ]

hello,

I think this is what happened (Steve, I can still read minds...)

1. User has a BlackBerry device and a data plan.
  2. User is using his device with his BIS account : email, web, data
  3. user installs the Desktop Software and during the installation sets it to use with BES instead of BIS
  4. then user connects the device, which gets partially configured by the Desktop Software (it also happened with Desktop Manager since at least 4.5)
  5. user gets messages from network@etp saying that the connection with the BES is not done

please read cause 1 in the following article from the public knowledge base:

KB21849 Network@etp messages are received in the email application and on the BlackBerry smartphone

I suggest either using windows's "add & remove programs" to reconfigure the Desktop Software, or delete & reinstall it. Check the correct option during the installation (it is not very intuitive, I have never been able to recollect it).

Please tell me if I really can read minds. Then I'll go flirt with some girls at the dance club. :smileywink:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abonsey
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: TIGO

my bb bold reports APP Error 200 and further displays Reset

Please use plain text.