Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
NikitaX
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Meteor

email setup problems curve 8520

I am in Ireland so not sure what help I can get but I have a Blackberry curve 8520, I recently had to get a new one as my first one kept freezing, so as expected I had to setup up my email etc again, the only email option I have is the enterprise one, I have gone to advanced options and sent the registration message and it says my handheld is registered with the wireless network but I only have 2 things in my service book and when I went into the shop I bought it in they said there should be more than 2 options, that was a week ago, and still no change, can someone please help 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: email setup problems curve 8520

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like your mobile service provider has not properly shifted your BIS account from your old BB to your new one. I recommend that you go see them again, but this time don't let them fob you off...you PAY them for 100% of your services and 100% of your support...right now they are delivering neither.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NikitaX
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Meteor

email setup problems curve 8520

I had a previous comment a couple of days ago, I am having problems setting up my email, I rang my service provider last week and they said all seemed fine on their end that their may be a problem with the phone itself or the sim card, I tried another meteor sim card in the phone and there was a lot more options in the service book then I had been receiving with my own sim card, I then went to the shop I bought it in on Tuesday and got a new sim card but I still can't get my email set up, I have no options in my host routing table, I have clicked register now at least 20-30 if not more and I am not receiving anything back, I have 11 options in my service book but it doesn't seem to be them all, I rang my service provider again today and they said they can see no problem on their end, can anyone please tell me what is wrong, I am getting so fed up 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: email setup problems curve 8520

[ Edited ]

Hi again,

You will notice that your latest post has been merged into this thread...it's really important to keep the history together here so that the volunteers can quickly find it and thereby best avoid redundant advice to you.

NikitaX wrote:

I have no options in my host routing table, I have clicked register now at least 20-30 if not more and I am not receiving anything back

That is the core of the problem, right there. And no one here can rectify it as it is a problem between your BB and your carriers data network. I realize that you rang them up again and they see no problems, but please don't let them fob you off like that. As I said before, you PAY them for 100% of your services and 100% of your formal support. They are responsible for staying with you until the issue is resolved...for them to fob you off like that is, frankly, inexcusable IMHO. But, again, no one here can do anything about it as the problem lies with your service provider and it's connection (or lack thereof) to your BB...they must resolve it.

So, sadly, I must advise you to ring them up yet again...but this time don't let them fob you off. If they say the same thing ("no problem on our end!"), then insist on escalation until the issue is resolved...regardless of where the root of the issue is, you PAY them for your services and your formal, and they are not delivering. They have the ability (indeed, responsibility!!!) to escalate cases into RIM that they cannot resolve...you have no other free path by which to receive any formal support from RIM (if such is needed)...only via escalation. So, don't let them fob you off...you PAY them...continue to escalate until they resolve it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.