Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
reiilozada
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8100

error occurring when updating the device software of my Pearl 8100

[ Edited ]

I have this Pearl 8100 which is running on the software which is 4.2.0.64. I want to update the software of my phone to the 4.5. I have already downloaded the application loader and when I check for updates, it does the 3 usual tasks, the read device configuration, etc. after completing these tasks, the application loader says that "An error occurred while connecting to the service. Please check your internet connection o try again later. The internet of my PC works fine. Does this mean that the phone should also be connected to the internet so that I may be able to update the software of my phone? Help please! Thanks!:smileyhappy:

New Contributor
mseif
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: error occurring when updating the device software of my Curve 8520

The same exactly happen to me . I have a curve 8520 and was trying to upgrade to V 5.0, then I have the same error message.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: error occurring when updating the device software of my Pearl 8100

Hello,

Please use these instructions for updating your BB device OS:

If they fail, please report with details as to exactly where in the process it fails along with how exactly it fails.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
0fmusic
My Device: curve 8520

This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.

my blackberry curve 8520... help me please...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

0fmusic wrote:

This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.

my blackberry curve 8520... help me please...

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The message is completely accurate...you must subscribe to an appropriate data plan from your carrier to use the OS package you are attempting to use. See this FAQ for general guidance...the last one on the list is the plan that is required (and, before you ask, no I cannot tell you what the plan will be called with your carrier...they all use different nomenclature):

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
0fmusic

need help !!! i have blackberry curve 8520 from maxis... so how to delete maxis software form my blackbeery.. ?:smileymad:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

0fmusic wrote:

need help !!! i have blackberry curve 8520 from maxis... so how to delete maxis software form my blackbeery.. ?:smileymad:

Hello,

Exactly what do you want to delete? Details please...there are many many possibilities here...guessing on our part won't help you.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
0fmusic

i register blackberry curve 8520 from maxis mobile... so if i on the phone .. got maxis backgrond.. so how to delete t?

New Contributor
dodge009
My Device: Not Specified

Hello. I have a Pearl 8110. I tried to upgrade two days ago. The upgrade stopped (and continues to stop) during this process

Untitled.jpg

Its on the "Wait for device initialization" step on "Install" and a prompt keeps coming up saying "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry."

I have done that with retrying and all four times. Does it matter that the phone was unlocked? I am using ATT's mobile service though.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

0fmusic wrote:

i register blackberry curve 8520 from maxis mobile... so if i on the phone .. got maxis backgrond.. so how to delete t?

Hello again,

OK...there are still a couple of possibilities there. Do you mean the wallpaper after the phone has fully booted up? If so, you have complete control over that (Homescreen > Logo_Blue.gif (perhaps twice) > Options > Wallpaper.

If you meant the splash screen during boot up, you have no control over that and it will forever show that regardless of the OS package you install (even if from a different carrier).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates