Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
zubair63
My Device: curve 9360

facebook login problem

Unable to login facebook from wifi router. It says your currently on service plan that does not support this application. Connect to wifi or contact service provider. I am using youtube and google. Same problem with gtalk, twitter, yahoo messenger.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: facebook login problem

Hello!

Many BB-proprietary apps require an adequate data plan from the carrier, regardless of access method (e.g., WiFi versus carrier data network). Many of these apps consume "back end" servers and such, even if you access via WiFi. Hence, the data plan enables the services for which you pay, regardless of how you access those services.

The message you receive is therefore clear...you are not subscribed, from your mobile service provider, to a data plan that is adequate for the services you are attempting to use, even though you are attempting to use them via WiFi (since the access method is not relevant). You need to talk to your mobile service provider about subscribing to a data plan that enables all of the services you desire.

With hundreds of carriers in the world each with dozens of different mixes of data plans, it's impossible to know if any specific service should or should not be working for you -- only your mobile service provider can answer that question, since service functionality is dependent on the specific data plan you are subscribed to.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code