Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
hobbsy23
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

facebook

ive downloaded facebook on to my curve and it isnt showing the application so i cant get onto it ive tryed re installing at and re-booting it and it still doesnt work, some one please help!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: facebook

Let's see if it's on your phone or if there was a problem with the installation.  That way, we'll know if we need to delete it first before trying another reinstall or whether we go right to a reinstall.

On your homescreen, go to Options>Applications.  I'm not sure which OS you're running so you might need to follow Options>Device>Application Management to get there.  Do you see facebook in the list of apps?  If so, highlight it with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete.  Once you've deleted it, if you're not prompted to restart your phone, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Now that we know that it's no longer on your phone, either go to App World to download it again or type in your phone's browser www.blackberry.com/facebook .

I know you've already tried downloading it a couple of times but do it one more just to humor me.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hobbsy23

to your amusement that hasnt worked but thanks anyway

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Surprisingly, it didn't amuse me.  :smileysad:

Let's just clarify that you're rebooting your phone properly.  A reboot while the phone is turned off will not clear the cache and may lead to problems with uninstalls.  Are you removing your battery while your phone is turned ON?  It might seem like a silly question but we have to explore every option.

I await your reply.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

OK, you're offline now so I'll leave you with another suggestion for when you're on next.

Facebook 3.0 is compatible with OS 5.0+.  I don't have the specs for your phone, the Curve 8520, but it could be that you're running an older OS.  If you wanted to use facebook on your phone (assuming it's OS 4 you're running), you would have to do a search for facebook 1.9.  Without knowing what OS you're running, I can think of nothing else to suggest.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hobbsy23

when i deleted the facebook it told me to reboot so i did it when it asked me to

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

hobbsy23 wrote:

when i deleted the facebook it told me to reboot so i did it when it asked me to

And.......????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hobbsy23

no worries now sold the **bleep**berry and getting an iphone :smileywink: cheers anyways mate

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

So you're running from one set of problems right in to another set of problems.  I'm sorry you think that's the solution, but to each his/her own.

We'll see you back when you realize the iPhone really isn't any better than BlackBerry devices.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

You should try first the suggestion before you sold it out. LOL.

Maybe your OS is not updated. Because the latest Facebook supports OS 5.0 and higher.

:Surrender:

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.