Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
jshallon
My Device: blackberry torch

hell

am osiniyi lanre my phone drop inside water and  is now asking me  for error 513 what can i do?my phone is blackberry torch

Contributor
jameskemp
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Re: hell

jshallon wrote:

am osiniyi lanre my phone drop inside water and  is now asking me  for error 513 what can i do?my phone is blackberry torch

Not sure about the error 513 but if you are worried about water damage switch off the phone, take the back off , remove battery, SIM, memory card and stick the lot into a a plastic of dry rice.  This is a cracking trick to remove any last moisture from the phone though if you've used it much or its been a while since dropping it in water the damage may be done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPhone for fun, Blackberry for Work........

I'm not looking for Kudos but if my post helped then give me the Kudos and maybe it will help others
New Contributor
jshallon

the message on my phone says reloadsoftware 513,and i dont know what to do

Contributor
jameskemp
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

You can reload the software using Blackberry Desktop Manager, do a search of these forums, there will be plenty of posts about this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPhone for fun, Blackberry for Work........

I'm not looking for Kudos but if my post helped then give me the Kudos and maybe it will help others
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jshallon wrote:

1. Remove the battery immediately!! Do not attempt to turn on your BlackBerry.
2. Let the device dry in a warm, dry place for 3 to 5 days* (see below)
3. DO NOT "check it each day" by placing the battery in. Leave it be to dry completely. This takes time. Replacing the battery to check it can only damage it more (moisture + electrical current = disaster).
4. If the device is warm after the drying period, allow it to cool to room temperature before placing the battery back in.

Suggestions on drying your BlackBerry in a warm place (open, with the battery out):
*Place the BB in a container of dry UNcooked rice, and then you might also place it in any of the locations mentioned below.
*On top of any dry heat emitting electronic component: TV cabinet or CRT, LCD, cable TV/Satellite converter box or plasma monitor
*On the dashboard of your car on a sunny day

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jshallon

how can i reloadsoftware on my phone,that is what is showing on my screen now

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'll warn you, IF you attempt to connect and reload software while the device has ANY chance or trace of moisture within it, you MAY fry or ruin the electronics in the hardware.

So, FIRST OFF, follow the drying out advice above, first, for 3-5 days until you feel confident it is completely dry. Don't insert the battery each day and check it, just leave it to dry.

Once that is complete, reload the software:

See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code