Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orginaly orange but now vodaphone
Accepted Solution

helppppppppppppp

[ Edited ]
  1. after advanced options i have not got a wireless update option and i have made an email account online by useing the blackberry internet but the email settings icon is not in the setup menu and when i use wizard i have only got one option to choose which is work account with a blackberry enterprise server and i emailed the person i bought it from off ebay since it was unlocked and he said he had no clue as he bought from a market place and he had only use it for text i am useing vodafone <Personal Content Removed>
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: helppppppppppppp

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Try these steps to help provision the device to your network.

1) Register HRT:     (OS5) Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scoll to any line entry and > press the Menu key  > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced... etc.

2) Resend Service Books:   KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

i have not got an account on nether orange or vodafone shall i make one
Contributor

i also do not have email settings ethier and i tryed doing it on the internet service i added the account but nothing else happend after that 

Contributor

after advanced options i have not got a wireless update option and i have made an email account online by useing the blackberry internet but the email settings icon is not in the setup menu and when i use wizard i have only got one option to choose which is work account with a blackberry enterprise server and i emailed the person i bought it from off ebay since it was unlocked and he said he had no clue as he bought from a market place and he had only use it for text i am useing vodafone. and now  i tried to make an account online with the blackberry internet but it says your device is not registerd so i went to host routing table and clicked register now it said registrasion sent but nothing has happened yet please 

You need to call your mobile provider tech support line and ask them to have this issue escalated up to RIM level tech support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

will they help me becuase the phone was originaly orange but i am use vodafone payas you go with no internet what number do i call and how will they be able to help me  please reply 

fameed wrote:

but i am use vodafone payas you go with no internet what number do i call and how will they be able to help me  please reply 

To get the email set up function (or any BlackBerry data feature) working on that device, you MUST have the BlackBerry Data Plan on your mobile account.

Until you do that, very few data functions will work on the device.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

hi now i have a diffrent problem my brother downloaded an app off my blackberry curve 8520 and after i had to reboot so i clicked reboot and waited the blackberry to turn on once it loaded it goes to the orange logo so far so good but then it just stops there its stuck on the orange logo if i use my usb and plug it in my laptop and wipe all the memroy off it will it fix it please reply

Visitor
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi, To activate iMobile for online transaction for ICICI Bank on my Blackberry model no 8310 , A message appears saying“ Device needs rebooting ”. When opted for installation,device turned off with only small red light flickering. No further response and I was unable to operate.pl solve this problem.