Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Trusted Contributor
philhughes
My Device: 8830

how delete past reminders

Is there a way to delete the reminder related to past calendar items without deleting the item itself, or without having to access each item and edit it individually? Thanks!
Phil
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: how delete past reminders

You'd have to delete it manually for each one.  If the time has already passed for an event, why would you need to bother with the reminder for it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
philhughes

Because of some issues I've had syncing with Outlook, I have to always use one-way sync w/ replace all target records. As a result, I get a whole laundry list of reminders that are as old as 100 weeks past-due pop up on the desktop. I dismiss all of them with just one click, but it's just irritating to deal with that every day. Thanks for your response!

Phil
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I thought there was an option in the setup for calendar sync to not sync past reminders.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
philhughes

You know what? There is a box that i have always check that says "Remove Past Alarms," but for some reason it apparently doesn't work. Thanks again for the thought - we'll keep working on it.

Phil
Please use plain text.
rogertc
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost

1. MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF YOUR BLACKBERRY WITH BLACKBERRY DESKTOP MANAGER!
  2. Sync all your Blackberry Calendar appointments into Outlook using Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Set Manager to overwrite all the files in the existing Outlook Calendar.
  3. Outlook will do a popup saying you have all these missed appointments with alarms.  Dismiss all of them.
  4. You now have a clean copy of your Blackberry Calendar in Outlook WITHOUT THE ALARMS.
  5. Reverse sync Outlook back to your Blackberry device using Blackberry Desktop Manager and setting it to override all the Calendar entries on your Blackberry device.
  6. All your Calendar entries are now back on your Blackberry WITHOUT THE ALARMS!

Please use plain text.