Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
fuzzyfelt
My Device: Not Specified

how to cancel email being recieved on blackberry

Hi,

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have broken my storm, and need to stop emails being recieved to the phone. the problem i have is that it is unlocked and being used on O2, 

i haven't registered the phone to the blackberry internet service, so i assume i am going to have a problem getting the emails to be stopped to the phone.

Has anyone got any advice on this.

Thanks for looking.

Simon. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: how to cancel email being recieved on blackberry

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

So, since it's broken, we can assume you do not know your PIN? If you had your PIN, you could possibly log into the BIS website via a PC and clear out the BIS configuration. (BTW, using the device email configuration or using the BIS website result in the same thing...registering your BB to BIS...but not necessarily to the BIS webite).

If you can find your PIN, you can try here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

You can also try calling your carrier and seeing if they can help out.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fuzzyfelt

HI sdgardne,

thanks for your reply, the phone works, but the screen is totally dead, i managed to connect my phone to the desktop assistant and read the pin, also on there i turned of forwarding emails to the phone. is this sufficient, or do i need to register as you mentioned below ?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent!

If you were using BIS, then I don't know if that can be controlled via the Desktop Software (I've never tried). I thought that the Desktop Software controlled the Desktop Redirector, which is not BIS. If you are concerned, you can go ahead and log into your BIS website, associate your PIN to an ID/password (that you will create), and then check to be sure that there is no BIS configuration remaining.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Diavola

might I just add to this, if you dont know your username or password, or possibly you have not created it from the device, you can get your pin from back of the battery, if you then call your carrier then you can remove it with their help!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fuzzyfelt

hi,

if i haven't set up a blackberry email address, do i still need to create and account via BIS just to cancel? i was using an existing email address.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi!

The point is to create a BIS login account -- not an @BB email address. If you create a BIS login account and associate it to your device PIN, you will then be able, from a PC/web browser, to log into that account and remove the BIS conduits that you had created on your BB.

BIS via the BIS website or BIS via the device interface (Setup > Email Settings) -- they are the same thing. It's just that, to use the BIS website, there needs to be an account created and associated to the PIN. If just using the device, there's no need for that association since the request is coming from the very device with that PIN. But, since you can't see your device screen, the only way for you to see your BIS associations is via the website...hence the need to create that account and associate it to your PIN.

Again, though...I have no idea if what you did with the desktop software accomplished this as well. I've never attempted to use that method to control my BIS conduits, so I can't say if what you already did worked or not. I'm merely suggesting that you create the BIS account so that you can validate if it worked or not...and if not, you will be able to shut it off from there.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fuzzyfelt

Hi,

Thanks for your patience with me here ! 

I have tried to create an account, but when i went through the procedure it said there is already an account set up for this pin/imei and to contact my network. I will give this a try to see if they can help.  the only problem i have is that this phone was bought second hand and is probably registered to the previous owner, hopefully what i managed to do through the desktop manager may have worked, if not is it going to cause any problems to my email in the future?

thanks again!

Please use plain text.