Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
saintyjones
My Carrier: at & t

i need urgent help on this

PLEASE I TRIED UPDATING THE OS ON MY FRIENDS BB 9800. AFTER DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THE OS, I DOWNLOADED BBSAK AND USED IT FOR THE BACK UP AND WIPE. AFTER THE WIPE, IT SHOWED ME THE 507 EROR.
I LAUNCHED APP LOADER FOR THE INSTALLATION ON THE NEW OS WHICH I HAD DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED ON MY SYSTEM. I DELETED THE VENDOR FILE TOO. ON SELECTING THE PIN AND CLICKING NEXT,  IT GAVE AN ERROR MESSAGE AFTER READING THE DEVICE INFORMATION:
     "THE BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE DOES NOT HAVE BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE FOR THE DEVICE THAT YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO THE  COMPUTER. CONTACT YOUR WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDER OR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR".

I TRIED ALSO TO LOAD THE OS FROM BBSAK. AFTER SELECTING THE OS FROM THE LIST OF OS INSTALLED ON THE SYSTEM, IT TOOK ME TO THE APP LOADER. I SELECTED THE PIN FROM THE CONNECTION PORT AND IT WENT TO THE DEVICE CONFIG. AFTER READING THE DEVICE SERVICE INFORMATION IT GOT TO THE  'DEVICE APPLICATION SELECTION' AND INSTEAD OF OPENING THE OS AMONG OTHER APPLICATIONS I WANT TO INSTALL, IT GAVE AN ERROR MESSAGE :
"THE BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE DOES NOT HAVE BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE FOR THE DEVICE THAT YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO THE  COMPUTER. CONTACT YOUR WIRELESS SERVICE PROVIDER OR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR".

PLEASE WHAT DO I DO?

THANKS

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: i need urgent help on this

Please only post your questions once. Posting mulitple times doesn't do any extra good.

I answered you here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/HELP-gt-gt-gt-gt-gt-gt-gt-gt/m-p/2599439
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.