Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

robertbulger
My Device: Not Specified

java

Anyone know where I can download a free java compatible browser for my blackberry
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Employee
mgoldsmith

Re: java

Opera Mini should run on BBs.  I use the integrated browser, so have not looked for a replacement.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

You can enable java in your BlackBerry browser. Go Internet Browser -> click menu then Options -> Browser Configuration -> check Support JavaScript and Allow JavaScript popups.

You can use opera mini but built in browser is more convenient then others (my opinion).

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RioRicoRick

I came here for the same problem. I was trying to find out if I can enable Java in my browser. I already have JavaScript enabled. The problem is that JavaScript is not Java at all. They are two completely different things. What I would like to know is can the broswer run Java programs that are embedded in a web site? I am already setup to run JavaScripts or ECMAScripts. For example, an applet embedded with code such as: <APPLET code="XYZApp.class" codebase="html/" align="baseline" width="200" height="200">. This will run a java applet on a page, and has nothing to do with embedded JavaScript. The question is: How can I get my browser to run embedded Java applets?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

to original poster : there is not a single Java-applet compatible smartphone on earth.

tanzim : java and javascript are different.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.