09-07-2009 10:10 AM
09-07-2009 11:30 AM - edited 09-08-2009 04:59 AM
If resetting device by pulling battery doesn't solve the issue you need to consider wiping out current device OS and install new one.
Use JL_cmder to wipe your device OS. Click this link for details.
Check steps below for OS upgrade by installing device OS in the PC -
Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the Computer.
Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.
Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:
1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager
2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager
3. Double-click Backup & Restore
4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases
5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save
To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:
1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager
2. Double-click the Application Loader icon
3. Click Next to start the installation process
4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK
5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next
6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
7. Click Next.
8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process
9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly
10.Click Next -> Finish
11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
02-15-2011 03:17 PM
I have got a Blackberry 8700g, few days ago i had installed a new profile on my device and after few hrs my device went into a continous reboot state, i have gone through a lot of artciles and forums,discussions and tried to restore my device or reload the OS but none worked my device kept on rebooting again and again, just yesterday i thought of giving it one more try although it didn't worked but now the device boots up and stucks at a stage where it shows "JVM Error 547 Flash Write Failed", now after going through a lot of forums i have tried the below mentioned steps and none of them has worked.
* Tried reloading the OS from C\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader\Loader.exe /no jvm also had deleted Vendor.xml file but no go.
* Tried wiping the device using BBSAK and also jl_cmder but getting "port closed" error also tried wiping through CMD with command javaloader.exe wipe -usb using jl_cmder but again same error "port Closed". Is there anything else i can try? any help appreciated.